1. Suburb of Pittsburgh, PA

Brackenridge Reviews

Within the past month there have been three armed robberies take place within two miles of my home that I am aware of. Just two weeks ago, a man attempted to break into my neighbor's home. A large heroin epidemic has swept over my town. Police are typically visible and drive around our streets often. However, when they are called they take a little while to arrive at the scene. I'm worried about the youth that are growing up in this town that is nothing like the one I grew up in. I'm worried about local store employees, and the safety of them and their patrons. I worry for the officers that have to deal with these criminals every day, and risk their lives to protect us. I am worried about my family, and the uneasiness that we all feel.
I've lived here for 15 years, 75% of my life. I can honestly say that I no longer feel safe here. There has been a large increase in crime in the area; including multiple armed robberies and a heroin epidemic. I jump every time I hear a noise outside my doors. I lock my doors when I drive through most parts of town, including my own street. I no longer feel like I can take my dog for a walk by myself after the sun begins to set. It wasn't always this way, but I see this area worsening every day. My family can't wait to leave and regain a feeling of safety.
There are more than one plaza in this area and is in walking distance.
Depending on the person they can easily find a job.