Bossier City Reviews

I have lived here all of my life. Sure there are plenty of nursing opportunities due to there being many hospitals in the area, but there isn't much to do.
My experience in Bossier City has been one of many enjoyable and memorable years. There are always things to improve on anywhere you go, but for the most part this city is friendly and comfortable. Easy going and continues to grow.
Bossier is a wonderful place to live with your family. Everyone is very friendly, and there are always activities and events happening in the city.
Start Your Review of Bossier City
They need to fix the roads. The traffic is especially bad along the highways and on Airline Drive. And there needs to be more opportunities for young people to work/find affordable homes. Most people ages 20+ are terrified of the law here, they use brute force if not listened to exactly. Maybe extra police training and such would help. Community events and a center for younger children would be nice.
Bossier has a lot of food, and a lot of generic places to go shopping. There’s not that much diversity with things to do.
I live here,and have since 1972..its changed a lot,and while it is safer the the city across the river?..crime happens here to even if it seems rare..i gave it a 5 rating because 3 would be rude,and 5 would be hilarious...im just saying
I have lived in Bossier City for six years and enjoyed it for the most part. Bossier City is not too big or too small, for me. I do wish that it had more things to do or different places to eat.
Bossier City is a great place to live! You are close to everything. Stores, surrounding towns, restaurants etc. Bossier City is currently growing like crazy!
The combination of Shreveport/Bossier City makes for a perfect duo. Both cities together offer many different restaurants and outdoor activities. One thing I think that could be better is as the two cities are beginning to grow and add more and more we really need to work on the improving the roadways.
The city itself is very lovely. People are friendly, and there are plenty of opportunities for fun, specially since Shreveport is just next to it.
I would improve roads and infrastructure in general.
i love the schools in south bossier and that there is less traffic than there is in shreveport and north bossier. i think that they need to add more stop lights to help with the traffic in south barksdale blvd.
My family moved here back in the mid 70's, been here ever since. I do enjoy living in Bossier City because of work, shopping, medical facilities, BAFB, everything including FREE parking, everything is so convienent, most of the people are nice and friendly. Nice place to retire.
I love living in Bossier City. It is quiet with a touch of city living. There are great schools in located in North and South Bossier if you have children.
I have been living in South Bossier City (also called "SOBO") since I was born (35 years ago). Thinking back to my childhood, I remember cow pastures and just a few subdivisions. We are home to Barksdale Air Force Base and that was about the biggest “attraction” to our area during my childhood. Fast forward to 2017 and I hardly recognize my city as it has changed so much since then! There are so many new attractions, parks, and subdivisions in the area. The Louisiana Boardwalk is a great place to shop, eat and catch a movie! Not to mention nearby Shreveport offers many attractions including the State Fair of Louisiana and many festivals at Festival Plaza, just to name a few. Additionally, South Bossier is home to one of the best school systems in the area! My old high school (Parkway) has been rebuilt and boasts a beautiful (multi-million dollar) campus! Honestly, I am jealous I didn’t get to attend my high school years there! The city is a great place to call home.
I enjoy some of the fairs and festivals throughout the year, but overall the people are extremely unpleasant and there is not much to do for entertainment besides gambling.
This city is very cordial and has a wonderful country-like vibe. It's been a perfect haven for me when it comes to working, attending school, and partying. As far as change goes, I wish we had more people here to experience this life.
A lot of different businesses a little different then Shreveport Louisiana. Great restaurants and night life!!
Start Your Review of Bossier City
Bossier City is a great place to live! It has all of the amenities of a larger town, without having to feel like you live in a huge city! Highlights include the Barksdale Air Force Base, which puts on a large air show each year, and the Red River, which hosts many activities and includes walking trails and boat rides. You also can't forget The Boardwalk, an outdoor shopping and dining experience located directly on the Red River.
I am from New York so Bossier City is a big difference for me . Its more quiet and calm. I really like the southern food and how close the stores are from my house.
I grew up in West Monroe, LA but after getting out of the Navy my family lived here so I moved to Bossier City. I have enjoyed living here for the past 4 years where I feel safe and secure and there are many fun things to experience and I love living close to my hometown and larger cities like Dallas and Houston.