Boiling Spring Lakes Reviews

Have lived here 15 yrs and nothing has changed , no grocery store, drug stores or anything to speak of for teens, nor restaurants to speak of ,the BOC runs and controls everything, they are uninterested in the residents input, but wonder why people don’t come to their meetings, very self serving , wish I never moved here but property prices are the lowest around this area, so if you don’t mind driving 26 miles to Wilmington or 10 miles to the nearest Walmart or grocery store/ drug store you will love it and you don’t mind city officials telling you what and where you can put a shed or car port and what size,shape and color, you will also love it , if not avoid this place !!! But like I said, there are lots of properties reasonably priced but no shopping or restaurants to mention
I live and work in Boiling Spring Lakes. It's a small community and has a family feel to it. There are lots of ponds, small lakes and parks to visit. There are not many businesses in the town and there are little attractions in the city to draw in tourism. Also although we have numerous parks, there are very few activities to participate in at the park. Unless you plan on fishing or boating in the big lake there is nothing else to do.
This area has no apartments but some townhouses. It would be nice to have apartments in the area for those that are just starting out on their own.
Review Boiling Spring Lakes
The city has no entertainment to offer but there is plenty in the other cities within 30 miles.
Other than the fact that our Fire Department is a volunteer department I can't complain about the emergency responders in the area. The police force is small but we don't have much of a need for them in our city. Our county's sheriff's department is doing a good job about keeping the drugs under control. We still have a drug problem here same as the rest of the country but we don't have much of a gang presence outside of the schools. There is more of a problem in Shallotte and Leland than in Boiling Spring Lakes. We don't have many stores to have a shoplifting problem so it is usually kids or adicts breaking and entering and stealing from homes where there is no one at home.
The schools need improvement, there needs to be an influx of industry in order to support the younger families that live in the area. We have a major influx of retired individuals in the area and the only businesses in the area are clothing retailers, big box retailers, and restaurants. If we are to continue to grow in a positive way we need industry. This would also increase the tax base thus infusing funds into the schools budget which will improve the schools.
I would most definitely choose to live here again! It is a great area, the atmosphere is always happy and calming and easy-going. Southport is definitely a small town, but it is a great area and in the future I see it becoming more and more popular. It is a great town on the Cape Fear river, and it is just beautiful.
I've lived in Brunswick County for over tens years now.
The employment here is fun but it doesn't pay very well.
All in all, the food and drinks in the area are good. They aren't 5-star, but they are decent for a small-town area for where I live.
It's good during the summer due to tourist season, but also bad because people from the college north of us come home and it gets crowded quickly. During off-seasons it's still bad because places are usually not hiring unless you have 5-7 years of experience and if you have a degree.