1. Town in South Carolina

Bluffton Reviews

I love Bluffton. Bluffton is a very nice city. It is very clean and everyone is nice. I would like to see the roads repaved and the speed limit signs be a little higher in speed they are to slow and I would like for the tow of Bluffton to have more activities for kids because there is nothing to do here.
I love the beauty of the May River and the hearts of the people. When there's a need, the community pulls together as recently seen after Hurricane Matthew.
Bluffton is a very small town where everybody knows everybody. If I could change anything, it would be to slow down how quickly they are developing the area and changing it too quickly.
I have loved living in Bluffton, South Carolina. It is located in a great area, next to Hilton Head Island, Beaufort, and Savannah. We have good schools, local businesses and a small town feel. We have amazing views and great shopping. If I could change one thing about Bluffton it would be to stop putting up so many chain stores and restaurants to make Bluffton more unique and different from all other american towns.
Natural beauty is the signature attribute of the Bluffton lifestyle. Seascapes, marshes, Spanish moss-laden oak trees and strict zoning that prefers quaint architecture and planted buffers make the area physically attractive. Bluffton also has made great investments in bike trails and other outdoor amenities, making a healthy lifestyle easier to achieve. Bluffton is minutes away from the international destination of Hilton Head Island, and within day-trip distance to Charleston, SC. It also is just across the Savannah River from picturesque Savannah, Ga.
I like the area. There is so much to do around here. It is so nice to have such a diverse community that just comes together. I really like all of the beaches nearby. When you have free time you can go sight seeing, golfing, biking, etc. The only thing that I would change is having more opportunities for college students to get jobs, have activities to do, etc. Everyone here is so nice, it's like everyone is one big family.
There are areas in this community, as with anywhere, that have higher crime rates than others. Fortunately, most of the notable crime happens in this area, and stays out of other parts of the town. The police have recently "beefed up" their force, and seem much more attentive and responsive than in the past. Overall, I feel safe in the area.
This area is a great place to raise children, or retire to. It is ever-growing, with some of the best schools in the area. The tight-knit community gives you a feel of safety, and makes it easy to make friends at any age. The climate is warm almost year-round. Although it is growing, it still has that small-town feel that sets it apart from other areas of the country. The future of this community is great, and I would definitely move back.
The houses are pretty, but rushed and fall apart
I don't talk to people much here
Honestly it's not a good place to move into on your own. There are very few opportunities unless you're starting a family, or retiring.
There are a few houses that have been foreclosed on.
A lot of people who live here are military, so most only live here for about 3 years.
Like all places, there are good and bad areas. There has been an alarmingly high number of car accidents and homicides in neighboring counties recently.
A lot of the teenagers and younger adults in this area complain that it's "boring" and that there's "nothing to do". In my opinion, this area is what you make of it. It's a good place to raise a family and it's a growing community.
I have never had any safety concerns here. We have access to police department offices in several locations. Police are visible on the streets and often do drive throughs in local neighborhoods.
I have grown up here. There was always lots to do for our family and friends. I hope to continue to live here after college and raise my family in this area.
The police are out trying to catch speeders. I live in a neighborhood with a lot of police officers but there has been a slight rise in crime in my neighborhood in the last year or so.
As a teenager, being in a tourist area gets a little annoying during tourist season. The schools are good in terms of overall test scores.
I moved here only because my mom was here and I needed to live for free for awhile. I have stayed because I cannot find anywhere else to go yet. It's s nice area just to warm and humid for me.