1. Suburb of Chicago, IL

Blue Island Reviews

I like that it's a very close community. There is a lot of opportunities to serve around the area. One thing that I would like to see around the area is more after school alotctivities for kids to be able to maintain them busy and active.
There are police officers around majority of the time, so there's not much crime
There's not much to do at a short distance besides parks and a little library but the neighborhood is relatively peaceful and quiet
Community involvement is truly up to you to go out and meet others
There doesn't seem to be too much crime during the day but I often see suspicious people walking around as it gets darker. I see police cars regularly patrolling the streets.
Overall there doesn't seem to be a lot of crime during the day but I would not walk outside by myself at dark. If I were to live in this same city I would live more north farther away from Calumet City. Compared to other places in the country I would say it's a little below the middle. The roads are horrible and filled with potholes, train crossing are the worst and very bumpy.
I'd never seen anything bad but I know shootings had happen in the area.
Blue Island is not that bad, but is not the best compare to some of the surrounding towns
The crime rate In this area is not very high
Overall it's a pretty good little town
I haven't seen or heard anything.
Blue island is a nice area to raise your children in. It's mainly a quiet neighborhood with a police station in just about every direction.
Have not been living here for very long but it is okay so far.
It can be good or bad. But i've had a positive living experience.
There are many places that hire but not places where you go into for a career.
It's bad when it's winter, we get a lot of snow and deep freezes. When it rains really bad, it rains bad.
Buses come through here, but there are ton of sidewalks to walk!
There are many family parks and a sledding spot nearby. Just re-done!
There are many little restaurants in the historic side that have great food.
The food and the potholes