1. Town in Pennsylvania

Bloomsburg Reviews

I live in Bloomsburg because it is a family oriented town and I have raised my children here as well. It is a well versed community and I can count on my needs being meant by law enforcement if needed. I do find that it is a poorer resourced town that does not have a lot of resources for people in financial need. Other than the resources it is a great family town that is one I would recommend for someone that wants to raise a family.
I am a student at BHS and I can't imagination going to school anywhere else. The people in town are generally nice. It's a nice town and it's cool having the college right in the area. However, the college kids can be annoying at times. Especially when they are partying.
Bloomsburg is a very friendly town compared to the town i grew up in. I enjoy walking down the streets and friendly faces always greet me as i pass by.
Small town atmosphere and people are very friendly. There is not a ton to do here unless you really enjoy outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, kayaking, etc...
Bloomsburg is a great place to go and visit or live. As a student, the atmosphere here is very friendly and welcoming to everyone. There is a tremendous amount to do with family or friends around the area. With just moving into the area and being 22 there is a lot to do that is cost friendly and age appropriate. Even when my family comes to visit with my young nephew, we have plenty to do and have fun.
The police usually deem non-emergency situations as just that. They are very courteous though.
The general atmosphere of the area is very friendly, if a little cautious of outsiders.
There aren't a lot of options for transporatation. Almost no public transportantion, but that's not really a problem because you can walk or drive youself to just about everything. Around town people walk, and if they go slightly out of town or have to run erands they drive. It's a small town, so it's not llike there are a multitude of places to have a need for a public transportation system.
Honestly, people just visit or thing pertaining to Boomsburg University-affiliated events. Or, for Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble ("BTE"). There are no main attracting elements besides specific events. People generally don't visit unless they visit family members or come as a guest ffor BTE or BU.
It's Pennsylvania. We wear flip-flops on Tuesday and parkas on Wednesday. It's like this across much of the state. It's annoying, but we're used to it. Always dress in layers, so when it's 30 degrees in the morning but 80 degrees a few hours later, ou can adjust your comfort level.
You'll survive, but you won't enjoy yourself. There are few restaurants; mostly pizza shops. La Fontana or Rose Maries are where you go for dinner. Or Marley's if you want to drink as well. The food quality is pretty average.
If you want a part-time side job and are a high school or college student, you may eb able to get a job but it's competitive. If you want a career, MOVE AWAY unless you intend to work at one of the Geisinger hospitals, Merk, or Bloomsburg University.
This place is turning into a ghost town. Many local businesses have gone out of business or closed down. When new businesses open. they usually close down within a year or two. There's a dollar store where you can alk to get most necessities, but if you need anything specific, you need to drive out of town. There are a few restauarnts. That's about it. Most of the town's businesses have converted into student housing.