Bloomington Reviews

Has small town feel. Very laid back. Community supports schools, from youngsters to university students.
The people that live in Bloomington, IL are very nice. I live in a nice neighborhood & I feel safe! My daughters are able to go outside without feeling like they are in danger. My neighborhood is very clean, no trash laying around, and the grass is always cut.
Bloomington is an alright town that does need some landscape-construction type work. The town is mostly full of really good people who would help out anyone. The school districts are fairly good as well and produce a lot of students who will either stay in town or come back later in life to put down roots.
Review Bloomington
I like that Bloomington is a small town but still has so much to offer. Since it's small, you can get to most places in 10-15 minutes maximum. It has the most restaurants per capita in the United States which I think is very interesting. There is also Uptown Normal which has tons of entertainment such as more restaurants and shops. I wouldn't change anything about Bloomington because it has everything you need.
Very laid back town, friendly people, good shooting ranges, fun outdoors, lots of college activities.
There is not much to do as far as activities but there are lot of food options to choose from. You may be bored but you will never be hungry.
Bloomington, IL is a very small, peaceful town in Southern Illinois.
The cost of living here is pretty decent.
The commute time is short. You can find anything and everything within a 5-15 mins drive.
You've a wide range of eateries here.
It is at a driving distance from Chicago, St Louis, Indianapolis etc. if you want to get out and do something on the weekends, because there is nothing much to do in the town.
The night life is pretty dull as well.
Overall, it's a good retirement place.
Great resturants, many independently owner operated. Bike rentals and a super paved trail to travel through town.
Have lived and worked here for 8 years. Needs more employment opportunities outside of insurance and healthcare
Bloomington is a great town for someone to start growing their roots. I moved down here with my girlfriend in 2013 after living in the Northwest suburbs for 20 years. We have since gotten married and rescued a dog. Our families understand that we plan to stay here for a long time. I am working at Afni and have been since 2013. My wife is a teacher and was hired right out of school. The schools in this area are filled with teachers that will do whatever it takes to give their students the tools for success. We are currently in the housing market and there are plenty of opportunities. Whether we want a house near the schools, room for the dog to run, or space to expand our family, Bloomington has what we need. There is no need for us to be penny pinchers because the area has many family owned shops that allow us to keep to a budget and continue to save for our house.
Nice town with everything. Good school, less commute to work, great community, no traffic at all :))
Although I feel like it is a great place to live and to raise a family in, considering I have been living her my entire life, I am ready to move on to a bigger city. I moved to Bloomington, IL 17 years ago from a small town named Galesburg, IL. Bloomington provided my family with so much more opportunities. There's great stable jobs, better school systems, and plenty of ways to be involved in the community.
Bloomington is an awesome area to live. Wages are high, housing is very affordable, and there is a lot to do. Plus, schools are excellent. The one downside is if you were single, as this is very much a family oriented town. Awesome. Wages are high, oh, and there is a lot to do plus, schools. The one down, very much town. It has a small town feel with mini larger city amenities and if you truly want to be a large city, hop on the train in Chicago is just over two hours, as a St. Louis. If you drive east for three hours you're in Indianapolis. And, world War World Dr., Iowa city is 3 1/2 hours west. No crying, awesome jobs, great people, excellent healthcare and excellent school… It's all right here in Bloomington.
Bloomington is booming town that has several great eateries and shopping areas. We are a Big town with a small town feel. We have one of the BEST farmer's markets in the area, antique malls, the Coliseum and so much more!
State Farm headquarters is located in Bloomington, so there may be some job opportunities there. There are may restaurants, but not really a great variety of food. The district 87 high school is so-so.
The thing I love most about Bloomington is the quiet. I moved here from Chicago when I was about six years old. There was always noise in the Chicago and if it wasn't from traffic, it was from the wind. If I could change a few things about Bloomington the first would be the public transportation. Buses should run later and all through the week. I would also liven up the bar scene. The nightlife here isn't that great.
I lived in Bloomington my entire life, so I might be biased in some way. Bloomington is great for settling down and raising kids. But I find it dull. It has been getting better in recent years, but it still seems to me that the number one thing to do in town is go out to eat. Not much of a cultural hub, if you ask me.
Review Bloomington
Bloomington is a quiet town where majority of the town works at State Farm. There is plenty of shopping, restaurants and job opportunities
I would like to see more diversity in the town but overall if you're looking for a place to raise your kids, this would definitely be a great place.
The Twin Cities. Overall decent town but not for very long stays I reckon. I have been here 4 years and am ready to move on soon. Chain restaurants with a few exceptions that are lovely. Better off going to Champaign or Peoria if you really enjoy eating out.