1. Town in Illinois

Bloomington Reviews

I lived in Bloomington my entire life, so I might be biased in some way. Bloomington is great for settling down and raising kids. But I find it dull. It has been getting better in recent years, but it still seems to me that the number one thing to do in town is go out to eat. Not much of a cultural hub, if you ask me.
Bloomington is a quiet town where majority of the town works at State Farm. There is plenty of shopping, restaurants and job opportunities
I would like to see more diversity in the town but overall if you're looking for a place to raise your kids, this would definitely be a great place.
The Twin Cities. Overall decent town but not for very long stays I reckon. I have been here 4 years and am ready to move on soon. Chain restaurants with a few exceptions that are lovely. Better off going to Champaign or Peoria if you really enjoy eating out.
I've lived in Bloomington for 18 years and it has treated me and my family so well. There are many job opportunities. State Farm and ISU are what makes it the place it is. Everything you want and need in a family city is there: a mall, restaurants, local businesses, etc. it's relatively safe for a bigger city. The downtown is beautiful and there are factories and museums to visit. It's in a great location -- 2.5 hours from Chicago, Indy, and St. Louis. Perfect place to attend college, raise a family, and/or retire.
It is a wonderful city that has a variety of options for everyone to enjoy. There is an activity for everyone of any age. The weather is wonderful most of the time. The crime rates are fairly low and we have several colleges.
If you like the surburban lifestyle but in a small town then Bloomington is for you. There is an abundance of restaurants to eat out in this town!
I am from a small city and moved here to continue my education. I love that anything you want is right here.
Bloomington is a nice size, not to big but not too small. This makes it easy to travel around town. There are lots of restaurants, which gives a nice variety of places to eat out, but there is not much else to do. The school systems are nice, and there are multiple schools to choose, at all grade levels.
I have only lived in Bloomington for half of a year, but it feels like home. The community is very bike/outdoor friendly. There is plenty to do around this area whether it's inside on a cold day or outside on a summer's eve.
The local corporate headquarters and universities keep the town diverse and lively. Still a surprising amount of crime for a town this small. Glad to see local organizations and nonprofits being able to openly advocate for those in need, regardless of political rhetoric.
Moving from a small town of 4,000 people to twin cities of Bloomington and Normal, my experience of Blomington has been nothing short of amazing. Everything I coiuld ever want is right here, and I couldn't be happier with this town and everything about it.
I think that the town is a decent place to live but, also getting a bit expensive as well. People there seem to be nice, and it's easy to get around town.
I loved this city as a college student at Illinois State University! Good food and people in a typical Midwest town.
Bloomington, IL is a great place for the family oriented. There are so many activities to take part in whether it be through your own school or the parks and recreation department. Normal, IL is our twin city and has Illinois State as its main employer. State Farm is Bloomington's main employer. Illinois Wesleyan is another college located in Bloomington, so there is a lot of college life in the twin cities. All of the public schools are highly rated. There are professional level hockey, basketball and indoor football teams that make Bloomington home as well. Overall great community.
The thing I like the most about Bloomington, Illinois is how nice it is and how nicely the town is laid out. I've only lived here about four years and already know how to get around with no problem at all. Almost every neighborhood I've went into was a decent neighborhoods with nice people. The neighborhood i decided to move into was a decent neighborhood but the first thing i noticed was how nice the neighbors were. Another thing I like about bloomington is they have a huge selections of different kinds of restaurants to choose from so you don't have to keep eating the same things all the time. Also another thing that stood out to me when i first moved up here is how the clean the city is. This city seems to be well taken care of and maintained very nicely. You don't hardly see trash on the streets or graffiti anywhere. lastly I would like to say that this is also a very safe city. Almost everywhere you go you can see a cop doing his job.
I think this city needs more job opportunities and better apartments. this city has too many homeless people who need more help than they are getting.
It's a good town for raising a family. The city is safe. Drugs aren't a problem. People in town are nice. Because of the college and the headquarters for State Farm the town is very diverse.
I've lived in Bloomington for all my life and have loved the town. It has many opportunities for everyone in every step of life. There are events for children, students, parents, and the elderly. Plenty of opportunities to get involved in the community also. Overall, it's a great town.
It's ok on my side of town.