Bloomfield Charter Township Reviews

No parks or restaurants of any note, but otherwise ok. I would suggest the neighborhood you choose is pretty important. Most homes are old and because most overextend themselves they are poorly maintained.
I've lived in Bloomfield Township and direct surrounding areas ever since I moved to the Detroit Metro area in 2002. I have no plans of moving anywhere else in the area. This is a great area if not the best. Great for commuting access. You will need a car, public transportation seems to have bypassed most of the area. Higher End stores, malls, restaurants, and people. Higher educated primarily with mostly professionals and retired professionals. The people are diverse yet not really economically diverse. Very safe, quiet, great for schools for children. Clean, surrounded by lakes, and golf courses.
More diversity training for the educators, including the principal/office staff. Because it starts and ends at the top just as in the home environment. My light skinned mixed son didn't know what racism or bullying were until moving into the school district, and the school's are why we moved.
Unfortunately, he was in a middle school with only 15-20% minority luckily there was only (1) senior high school and an about 35% minority mix, along with more attention paid to diversity in all respects.
Bloomfield Twp is primarily residential, no fast food or party store type businesses, mostly doctors, lawyers offices. Residents take pride in ownership and don't move often driving up prices and the school's are Rated A+ , private unless you live in district.
Lastly, BT is very safe with a police/EMS response time of 2-3min. I personally walk my poodle at 3a in my house coat& feel comfortable and safe.
Thanks
Start Your Review of Bloomfield Charter Township
Great schools and safe community. Homes has large lots with values welcoming to families. Older population can make this area boring, but there are enough activities locally that make the community lively and entertaining. Affordability can be challenged with large houses, but there are housing zones that are welcoming to lower income and singles who do not need homes; not the most expensive community in the area due to township status.
I have lived in my community for 15 years and I love the atmosphere and the people. There are many activities for children of all ages. In addition the school system is rated excellent and I am a product of that rating.
Nice place to live, great schools, very safe. Not a lot of interesting things to do within the community, though. Pretty vanilla.
I was very fortunate to be able to grow up in this town. We are located close to lakes, downtown Detroit, and few hours away from beautiful northern Michigan. The neighborhood where I grew up in had welcoming, friendly faces from both adults and kids alike.
it's a very safe area, however usually every house has an alarm attached for unusual incidents. While living there, I haven't experienced any crimes or safety issues. I felt VERY safe there
It's a beautiful suburb of Detroit with a cute little downtown and is ranked one of the wealthiest cities in the US. I was very fortunate to live there and enjoyed every second of it. My area had great schools and a high quality living.
The police are very well equipped in this area and crime is extremely low.
The area I live in is very well-off. It promotes a great quality of life but turns a blind eye to areas right by it such as Pontiac and Detroit, which are in need to help.
There is minimal crime in the area, and the police are always on top of any mishaps that may occur. It is a very clean area with almost no graffiti or vandalism, and there is no such thing as an inoperable vehicle here.
In our neighborhood, it is a safe area, where new families can feel safe or where old families can retire for the rest of their lives.
As a new residence in teh Bloomfirld Hills area I have been thoroughly impressed by the community and those within it.
No crime at all happens in this neighborhood at all
This neighborhood is very friendly. Many kids are in the neighborhood which gives an opportunity to make friends. The neighborhood is safe and quiet
Not much crime so that is good otherwise nothing special
Start Your Review of Bloomfield Charter Township
Rarely any crimes besides a few robberies every once in a while, but safety and security generally not to be concerned with.
Living in Bloomfield Hills is awesome if you are a kid. There a plenty of kids in the neighborhood and the schools are great. It is safe to ride bikes and play ball. I had a great childhood here.
Crimes I was exposed to related to drugs. I never felt unsafe at all.