Blanchard Reviews

I have been raised by two loving parents who decided to move here because of the incredible community atmosphere. The town simply put is one to call home.
Although Blanchard is a small town, it has plenty of the necessities close to home. It's a five minute drive to go to the grocery store, library, dentist, gas station, hardware store, etc. Although it's limited in its selections it still has some variation of restaurants to choose from. For example, Sonic, Subway, Boomerang, a Chinese place, a Mexican place as well as food trucks that show up every now and then. And while it's limited in entertainment and things to do, the town compensates that with held events such as fairs and festivals.
Overall, its a cozy little town that meets the needs of anyone asking for a peaceful quiet life.
I have lived in Blanchard my entire life. It is a good town to live in. I would recommend anyone looking for a small town to live n to come here.
Review Blanchard
I have lived in the Blanchard, OK area almost my entire life. I love living out there. I went to Bridge Creek Schools and even my children went there for a few years. It is so peaceful and quiet. I also love that I'm able to see the stars.
Nice small town atmosphere. Growing community. Good schools. Many nice local businesses. Friendly people.
In truth, Blanchard is not high on crime. There are always going to be a few people that do bad things, but overall Blanchard is a safe place to live. I feel as though the police do what they can to keep Blanchard safe from crime.
Living in Blanchard has been a huge blessing to me. I have been able to grow up with some of my best friends. Not only have I met some of the most influential people in my life, but the majority of my family resides here too. I would definitely choose to live in Blanchard again. I believe that Blanchard will continue to grow, but it will keep it's homey feeling that draws people in.
Cops are very visible and do a great job of serving and protecting. Safety is a priority of this town.
Blanchard Oklahoma is a very quiet town where not much goes on but it is definitely comfortable and safe.
Blanchard, OK is always having community events and activities, fun for the whole family. I see Blanchard getting bigger and the schools having to expand even more than they have in the past 6 years.
Blanchard is growing and the possibilities are endless.
No one can depend on the police. They regularly stop drivers for no reason, IF they are even patrolling and not at a local party. Police reports are subject to all kinds of grammatical errors and are often of dubious veracity. Also, the officers can tend to be very confrontational when off-duty, and liable to physically threaten others.
Overall, the housing is pretty much just "meh." Ok.
Terrible. Police which don't do their jobs, and when they do, they screw it up. No one in city hall, the police department, or the local paper can spell. Money disappears, and what money is actually used is put towards poorly constructed buildings, reelection campaigns, and useless legislation. The local government has a long history of corruption and ineptitude, and is dominated by "good old boys" that resist any improvements which may affect their way of life. Terrible.
The weather is very fickle. 50 degrees one day, 80 the next day, and 30 degrees the day after that. Thunderstorms, tornadoes, and all manner of severe weather come through, and then the sky is clear for a month. Oklahoma has world renowned meteorology centers, but even our meteorologists have trouble predicting the weather.
The local restaurants are excellent, from Mexican food to traditional diner/home cooking. The nightlife leaves much to be desired, but the local restaurants are great for families.
There are a lot of low-paying employment opportunities, not so much jobs that have the opportunity for advancement.
Review Blanchard
The businesses are very average in the area. Some are good, some are terrible, and many of them fall victim to corrupt local government meddling.
THERE IS NO WHERE TO BUY CLOTHING IN MY TOWN I HAVE TO TRAVEL 20 MINUTES TO CLOSEST TOWN
IT IS A VERY SMALL TOWN ALL THAT IS IN MY TOWN IS A GROCERY STORE AND A COUPLE OF FAST FOOD PLACES