Blacksburg Reviews

I have absolutely loved living in Blacksburg. The atmosphere is welcoming and the people are usually very nice. Blacksburg is located in the mountains, and so there are plenty of outdoor activities from hiking to tubing down the river to site-seeing.
Its a great place to live. A safe community. The schools are great. Our family feels safe. The University helps with the town having Diversity.
I love Blacksburg! Even though it is a college town it still has a small town feel. The locals are great and it very much a great place to live.
Review Blacksburg
It a nice cute little place. There's lots of hikes in the area and a great place if you like the outdoors.
Beautiful town! There is a strong sense of community with lots to do, from farmer's markets to Virginia Tech football games!
Great college town and place to raise children. Friendly people and has lots of trails for hiking and other activities. Blacksburg has some of the most beautiful views for hiking as it is in a mountainous area.
Very friendly, safe area. You get the small town feel but still get a lot of city perks. Outdoor life is very big here, they invest a lot of money on trails and parks.
Pros:
Food is definitely number one reason why I chose Virginia Tech. Number one dining service in the nation!
Bus system: BT transit is very nice. Some buses run until 2 am.

Cons
Weather: Weather is so extreme; can snow and be sunny in same week!
middle of nowhere: Have to go to Christiansburg to do anything
Recently moved here amazing college town tucked in the mountains. Perfect for outdoor activities including hiking, boating, tubing, walking, wildlife viewing and so much more. Considerable amount of local delicious dining and shopping. Decent name brand shopping and dining as well. Would love to see a Hobby Lobby though, I miss that.
Blacksburg has been my home for almost two years now. I as a college student, it's the perfect place to begin or even continue education. To anyone interested in raising a family here, I can say it's a very safe and community friendly area. There is no place like home, and home is where there heart is. My heart is in this wonderful Montgomery county.
I love how everybody here is so kind. Strangers passing you say "hello, how are you" in such a genuine voice. People here drive very safely. I feel safe running at night since this is a college town.
Blacksburg is your typical college town nestled away in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. It's a place that explodes on Saturdays in the fall when Hokie football reigns. But right outside of town you can find some of the most beautiful views that you can imagine. From hiking the Cascades to floating down the New River, it truly is a place for everyone.
We moved to Blacksburg three years ago for a job with Tech. We have two kids and couldn't be happier with the schools and the community. It is a wonderful place to go to college, raise kids, buy a home and retire.
What a great town! A major university, great schools, friendly shopping area, suburb restaurants, picturesque views and fabulous hiking trails! Blacksburg has it all!
Great small-town to live in. Local college, Virginia Tech, has awesome sports and wonderful food. Farmer's Market and town events make for a small-town feel on the suburbs of Roanoke.
This is a small town with so much packed into it! There are outdoor activities, great restaurants, and plenty of nightlife. It's great for college-aged residents, in addition to being a great retirement area.
Even though Blacksburg, VA is a college town, is it still very nice. The best thing about it is all the different kinds of food.
Review Blacksburg
Blacksburg, VA is a busy college town with lots of activities and people to get to know. It's a green-conscious town and has a lot to offer those who are interested in clean eating and sustainable living. There are limited job opportunities outside of VA Tech University, this is the only reason we decided to move. It's an amazing place to live and be in community with others.
I am currently living here because my boyfriend attends Virginia Tech. So does everybody else- but me. SO everything is centered around and focused on VT, there are students everywhere, people are constantly having parties- and there was a sexual assault email that got sent around just today. I must say, I am not a fan of Blacksburg. I am not that big of a fan of VT either, and I believe that to be the main problem, especially since I am not a student- and things are not as open to me as they are to them. You can walk to campus from pretty much anywhere, with some resilience- and if you care enough. The place I moved into has a property manager that does not help, and a mold problem due to the age of the property, as well as hard water... overall, I just cannot wait to leave this place.
It is a typical college town (college of over 25,000) in a small, rural town of only about 10,000. There's only one public high school for the whole town; that's how small it is. There is a lot to do, IF you are into the great outdoors. There are mountains to hike, waterfalls to explore, and tons of different farms to see. You are also very close to places like Luray caverns, the city of Roanoke, West Virginia, and North Carolina. The school draws a diverse crowd of residents, as well as musicians and art exhibits that the whole town can experience.