1. Suburb of Chicago, IL

Berwyn Reviews

Its very quiet and I love it. Waking up in the morning to the birds and not noise. I feel safe seeing the Berwyn police doing rounds almost everywhere.
An area that has easy access to the mall, restaurants, and activities for families and friends. The area is growing in homes and nightlife.
Berwyn is a cute, diverse community. Berwyn has awesome events that brings the community together which really brightens up the atmosphere.
There are plenty of good things about Berwyn, IL. There are a lot of businesses, and convenient stores for all types of needs. Another things is that I like that the property taxes aren't as expensive as other areas near Chicago.
Berwyn is a large suburb separated into two parts, North and South. South Berwyn is much nicer than North Berwyn.
I have enjoyed living in Berwyn for the past 7 years. Berwyn is a very family-friendly city. It's quiet yet only 20 minutes from Chicago. The law enforcement in Berwyn is very active in the community and are very resourceful. The public library always has events for the community (for all ages).
Growing up in Berwyn meant there were a lot of opportunities open to you, but not too many people pushing you to pursue them. Schools have plenty of options and tools to give you a good education, you just have to put forth the effort. It's a working class town where most people are always busy and there's a place for everyone.
Berwyn is a calm and peaceful neighborhood, perfect to raise your children. I have lived in Berwyn since kindergarten and gone to public schools my entire education. I have gained the needed knowledge and experience from both the schools and neighborhood there. Berwyn allows you to feel safe and cost of living is not too high.
Berwyn is a town that has history. With it being a town that has route 66 running through it, it constantly has traffic down Ogden. There are sometimes festivals that take place in town and most people know each other
This is for the Nechel users. That is simple and easy to answer questions. There is no commitment to anything. And especialy no hiden fees.
My family knows several cops in this town because we are all family. They do everything in their power to protect the people of this town. We all stick together but when someone needs to be disciplined, they do their job correctly
I have heard of homes being broken into, but have not seen crime or talked to any one who was a victim of a crime personally.
There are things I like, for example how close it is to the City of Chicago and the METRA is fairly good for public transportation, and there are a lot of parks. But not the schools and that is a problem if you have kids.
I feel as though the area I live in needs improvement. I don't understand why were looked down upon by the upper class. My area is mostly made up of Hispanic and African Americans. My family is one of the few middle eastern families. Were also one of the few muslim families. Both my parents came to America at 17 from Palestine without parents. They lived in this town since they were married. I've seen the changes in this particular location. I've never lived elsewhere.
The area is pretty safe i can walk around at night without checking my shoulder constantly
The neighborhood is calm its a middle class neighborhood but more minority people are moving in
I see no evidence of high crime or vandals.
I have seen quite a but of good change in this area over the past 3 years. New businesses are opening up at an impressive rate and we even have a Starbucks now! 'Wire' is a very rad music venue, and Autre Monde is easily a 4 star restaurant. Property values are on the rise and I think they will continue to trend higher. The Berwyn Development Corp does a wonderful job promoting Berwyn on billboards throughout Chicago, and its working to draw new interest to the area. I like!
Nothing much happens, but the police station is near.
It is not only generally quiet, but really safe.