Berwyn Reviews

family friendly area, the town is big on children to support and education as well as fun activities for them, They also offer family support and have activities in the summer and fall.
I wish taxes weren't so high... Quality of life is great. Close to 290 Express way, 20 minutes from Downtown. Also close to North Riverside Mall.
Berwyn is family oriented. Not very much nightlife, but getting to the city is quite easy. There are 2 metra's near by and Oak Park has a great nice life with cutesy restaurants and bakeries.
Review Berwyn
I've lived in Berwyn my whole life and at first was great. I lived in the south side and was calm and perfect when I was a kid. Now I live on north side and it's really bad shootings, people breaking in, section 8 moving in. There is barely any parking on all blocks because there is more than one family in each house and no one uses their garage for their cars. We don't have a garage or drive way and sucks.
Crime is on the rise and schools are terrible, but the community vibe is strong. Good neighbors and a lot of support for local businesses.
Berwyn is full of fun night life, fantastic restaurants and great events for family and kids. It's so great to see kids playing outside!
I felt the school system was supportive for very involved parents. You almost had to be in their faces daily. The neighborhood was safe when I lived there.
I love Berwyn because it has a lot of things to do in the neighborhoods, such as parks, restaurants, and the mall is well centered in the middle of it all.
Berwyn is a great place to grow up with a hispanic/latino background. There are many around you to do including bowling, movie theater, shopping, and Dowtown Chicago is only 15 minutes away. Also, if your into sports, Berwyn has one of the top schools in the state for High School Rugby which is a growing sport and has become very popular in the Berwyn community.
I am originally from Oak Park, IL and moved to Berwyn (which borders Oak Park to the South) the I was 15 years old. This place is great! It's more like the city than a suburb...it is filled with historic Chicago brick bungalows which line each street up and down. The people are down-to-earth and friendly, and it is very diverse. The homes are affordable. Families are everywhere, and you'll always find kids playing ball in the alley or cursing in the park on their bikes. There is Metra, buses and the CTA blue Line, so its convenient to public transportation. You don't have to have a car. Now that Berwyn has a Starbucks, we've got it all!
Safe, cute little neighborhood. Always trying to improve itself and open new businesses.South Berwyn is nicer, but north Berywn is still pretty nice.
School system is great, I have had the pleasure to deal with the school system on all levels elementary/middle/high and i have nothing negative to say about either. LOw crime rate, plenty of parks for kids to play, and tons of stores.
What I like about Berwyn is the sense of community. Although it is just outside of Chicago it feels very peaceful but still has that city feel to it. The neighborhoods are beautiful and there is so much to do. There are plenty of shopping malls, restaurants, mom &a pop shops and places to sit and relax and have some really good ice cream during the summertime. I've lived here for about 7 years and I do not plan to leave anytime soon.
I love the fact that Berwyn is an interesting, good looking town. It always has activities going on, and friendly people are always out doing things. The stores and restaurants around here are just amazing. Berwyn is rated top 5 on a lot of food critic lists for taco places. Overall, Berwyn is just awesome and the landscaping of the town is what really makes you feel at home. I wouldn't want anything to change besides more residents.
Berwyn is a very family oriented community. It is safe and the police officers are always promptly responsive, professional and polite. there are many activities for kids and it is very close to Brookfield zoo, North Riverside mall and many other local shops and restaurants.
Its very quiet and I love it. Waking up in the morning to the birds and not noise. I feel safe seeing the Berwyn police doing rounds almost everywhere.
An area that has easy access to the mall, restaurants, and activities for families and friends. The area is growing in homes and nightlife.
Review Berwyn
Berwyn is a cute, diverse community. Berwyn has awesome events that brings the community together which really brightens up the atmosphere.
There are plenty of good things about Berwyn, IL. There are a lot of businesses, and convenient stores for all types of needs. Another things is that I like that the property taxes aren't as expensive as other areas near Chicago.
Berwyn is a large suburb separated into two parts, North and South. South Berwyn is much nicer than North Berwyn.