1. Suburb of Los Angeles, CA

Bellflower Reviews

Recently the city beautified the bus benches and added an "x" crosswalk at a major intersection on Bellflower Blvd but the city, more like a ton, has nothing in it. The malls, movie theaters, and good dining places are all in the surrounding cities. However, Bellflower is perfectly situated in between three major freeways so traveling is no problem
I've been in the area for 5 years now, and mostly like it. Bellflower has it's charms, but is pretty boring. It's location in proximity to the freeways is fantastic, so getting places is easy! Not far from theaters and a few major malls and many restaurants.
Bellflower is a typically quiet neighborhood. I have lived in bellflower for over 10 years and its quite safe. The surrounding cities are also very peaceful.
I like that Bellflower is surrounded by many shopping centers with many options of where to shop. I really enjoy the community events in the summer and during the holidays. I would like to see a cleaner city. I feel the city can do a better job with trash pick up around the neighborhood. Also, the nightlife for young adults can improve. Many young adults travel to other cities for their fun. How about something closer to home?
With a population of 77,593 of diverse people, Bellflower is a small suburban town that has a quaint 60's vibe that attracts people to its historical landmarks and vintage shops in the downtown area. Downtown Bellflower is a sight worth to see if you like soda shacks, shoe shining booths, a mix of both vintage and modern restaurants that give it a modern yet simplistic touch. Though Bellflower doesn't rank top in nightlife, it has more family oriented activities/venues. The cost of living isn't so bad either, with an estimated $700-$2300 cost for apartments and studios, one might find the most fitting place for their budget. From place t place the commute is very convenient with the Bellflower bus running every 15 minutes getting around is easy. I love this city it is safe, family friendly, diverse and have a handful of public schools to give an option on which to attend. It is truly a gem.
Bellflower is one of the most racially diverse cities I have ever lived in. I love that neighbors here tend to know one another and are friendly. The city has its struggles but I believe those who live here are good people fighting for a better life.
I have been working at Bellflower for 5 years and i have enjoyed the city a lot. You have many shopping centers near you and the area is always calm. I think the city is growing and its surrounding cities too.
The process was user friendly and fairly easy. I enjoyed the experience. It really drove home that I was moving forward and was looking into my Bachelor program.
A nice small city. Good people. Mostly Hispanics and Caucasians. Not very many big name stores in the city, but are close to them in nearby cities.
The general attitude in Bellflower (or at least in the part I live in) is very positive. I live near Bellflower Blvd., and they have hidden gems such as a Pirate Park behind a small Towne Center that kids would enjoy, seasonal get-togethers like the weekly free movie-nights during the past two months or so, and for "frugal" people like me, yard sales galore on the weekends! The city is well-kept and tries its best to be people-friendly, as can be seen with the scattering of many small parks for the children and walk/bike trails for the more active. Overall, having been a worker-resident here for almost 8 years, I've got to say this place has definitely got a little something for everybody.
I believe that raising children in the city of Bellflower is a great idea because of the various community events and community classes they have available. Bellflower is a small community with charm.
Bellflower is not a wellknown big city. It is an average size city that is kind of low key, the community is great. Everyone keeps to themselves, but never fails to greet others with "good mornings" and "have a great day." Bellflower may not be perfect, but what city is?
Crime has increased recently is this area, despite the fact that crime has always been apart of this city. This city is generally safe, but at the same time one has to be very aware of their surroundings and stay cautious because crime is not unusual.
Living in Bellflower is okay. My opinion on this city is generally neutral. It definitely isn't the best or safest place to live in southern California but it is tolerable.
There are a couple of abandoned buildings by my area and a lot of homeless living in them. One time there was a building that caught on fire and the firefighters, police, and ambulance responded to the scene quickly.
Not every city is perfect but some do have their differences. Living in Bellflower isn't so bad as I first thought it would be. Everything that I need is literally around me and it's so close that I really don't need a car to get around places because they can be at walking distance.
I don't care for how much police activity there is because that means the crime activity is more prevalent. The activity of the police is okay if they are helping though
I have lived here all my life so I'm used to it. There has been an increase in crime which is scary. I would rather live in another state where there is a smaller population and more rain.
It is not the safest area in California but there are police all around.
It is a generally safe area with not much crime.