Beaufort Reviews

As a current resident of Beaufort county, I can say that my experience living here has been a quiet and pleasant one. The community is very quiet with the residents enjoying the beautiful scenery and fishing. This place is exactly what you would expect for a small town. It is great for people who enjoy the slow lifestyle. However, it is horrible for young people like teenagers or young adults. This is nothing for them to do. There are no shopping malls, no concerts occur, and not much of a night life. There is no ethnic diversity whatsoever, the population is very monochrome. This town is ideal for small families or retired couples who want to enjoy the little things and relax comfortably.
Excellent town to live in. Pluff Mudd Coffee Shop and Carolina Cuppity Cakes are a must when in town visiting. Port Royal is a nice, small town to rent a bike and ride down to Sands Beach for the day and enjoy the scenery.
I like that Beaufort has a great scenery, but it is a military town and I wish that there was more to do here.
Review Beaufort
I love the coastal sea views of Beaufort. It is a charming little town. The people are kind and friendly. I just wish there were more opportunities to grow financially.
I love Beaufort, it offers a coastal town, beauty, and history, and a great chance for a great education
Beaufort is a very nice little town which bring many tourists year round to enjoy its rich history. I love Beaufort because is quiet, charming and quite unique.
Small town with plenty of unique restaurants and scenic waterfront views. Lately the inland portions have been steadily developing.
Hilton Head is a great area!
Virtually no mentioning of violent crime in the area. Probably because of large military community, crime seems to be minimal.
Just enough (businesses, restaurants, stores, schools, work) to have a comfortable way of life, but sometimes missing the variety of a city. Travel time to the next bigger city is 1+ hr.
There isn't too much to experience here
We have our tourist seasons.
The weather is always nice.
We don't have places that are open past 10. We do have okay bars though.
Brick's on Boundary is a very nice place to go hang out and eat. The staff is amazing and are very friendly. In Beaufort Publixs is a main grocery store and it is very nice. I feel like we need more steak houses here in Beaufort. The stores range from all over. We have Athen Gardens with his a mom and pop store that sells really good Greek food and is ranked high on Trip Advisor.
The really highly congested area is downtown, have to pay parking fees and there are many times when there is not enough parking
People are generally nice however there are social & political favoritisms
Review Beaufort
The winters are mild compared and the spring and fall weather is wonderful. however the summers can be very hot and humid
special seafood restaurants are great, however there is very little types of nightlife options here
Employment in a wide area however, the pay is low here in this area