1. Town in Texas

Baytown Reviews

I was born and raised and still live in Baytown. Baytown is a small city but constantly growing. New attractions are being build every year and the excitement doesn't stop. There are conveniences not far from anywhere you live. The school systems are great and so is the college. Baytown gives lot of opportunity to those living there as well as the surrounding areas.
I like how we have a variety of stores and places to eat. One thing I don't like is how they add new things onto to the same street (Garth Rd). Also, our mall needs to be updated.
Baytown is growing community continues to expands is size and bussiness. There many stores that are good distance from home. There plenty of job opportunities out there in baytown. The only bad it is the weather its says one thing it will be other and the bugs are horrible because baytown is surround by water.
I like Baytown because the people here have optimism. They have dreams and hopes and people are usually doing one of two things either happily working in the plants or just going to college and getting out of here. I like that people aren't just gloomy about where they live and feel "stuck" here.
I have been living in Baytown for about two years now. Most of the people here are friendly for the most part. I have experienced some encounters with racist citizens unfortunately. People here drive crazy which is also a downfall.It's a medium sized town so almost everybody knows each other. I feel that their should be more entertainment in the area , and the local mall also needs some work.
I chose to live in Baytown because it was convenient for my retired parents to help me with my small children. I have one child that has graduated from public school and is attending college. I have one pre-teen in middle school. Overall, Baytown is an okay place to live.
I like the customs and traditions of Baytown. I love our history and how safe and family friendly it is, but Baytown lacks diversity and since its a small little city it also lacks places of interest and things to do, so it gets a bit boring for youths.
It's a little annoying to have to review Niche each time I do a survey scholarship through them, but it is a helpful site.
When I was growing up I loved living in Baytown, Texas. We had a mall that was pretty awesome. Now the mall is gone for the most part. The crime has gotten ridiculously high for the city. I do not remember very much crime growing up.
The layout of this city has caused my family endless stress. All of the main stores are located along one main room. The traffic is consistently backed up from all of the heavy traffic. It takes so long to get anywhere that it makes it not worth the effort to go out.
I have lived here my whole life. With every town there is positive and negative things. I enjoy our library and stores.
My experience in Baytown where i have been currently living for the past 36 years off and on has been rather calming. The jobs are pretty decent being that there is a major plant in this area known as Exxonmobile. The restaurants are located in walking distance of one another close to where I reside. I feel as though Baytown can offer more jobs than all the fast food and retail shops that are here. Living here is pretty laid back; it could get hectic as though the traffic when going down Garth road can become extremely backed up I feel as though there is alot of land and real estate that can eventually turn into more businesses that can lead into more job opportunity. The schools out here are rather decent and structured giving learning a new way of life. The crime rate isn't bad its a good place that anyone can build a life at and live in somewhat peace.
Its pretty good,not the best honestly, especially for health since I live close to Exon which has a lot of chemicals and is hazarduos to us. But it does have some perks,its libraries are really good and full of information especially when studying.
There is a lot of crime in this area. More so minor things such as vehicle breaks ins, etc. There are still major crime areas though. Once you get past a certain point, the crime rate sky rockets. I am concerned that the lighting is not as adequate as it should be so it is possible that someone could hide in the bushes at night and it would be too late before you knew that they were there. I feel that there should be more lighting, that is a little bit brighter to say the least.
If I were to move, I would stay in the same town, I would not live in the apartment buildings that I currently live in. The area is decently maintained, but the people who live around us are very unkept and do not respect the area in which they live, nor does it seem as if they respect others around them. I am very big on pet friendly areas, while they are somewhat pet friendly, in a sense, they are not. It is more as if they tolerate pets because they have to.
We have had some break ins to cars as well as vandalism and stealing other's property.
It's an okay place to live. Not fancy nor ugly.
Anywhere could use a little help. Honestly, in the area where i live, we hardly ever need the police. It's other areas where I hear the need for more properly trained officers.
I have no specific complaints! I love the area. It has a nice suburban life to the area and there are always friends near by to walk to their houses. It's an easy area to love. There is a big park within walking distance that has exercise machines which allow the community to become more healthy. Or the opportunity is there. The schools are getting better and we're having a lot of new openings to literally everything. New restaurants, new grocery stores. Baytown is certainly becoming a contender on the map.
housing is great, there are not many abandoned properties, the price of housing is decent and there are many financial aid services that help those who can't afford housing.