Bay City Reviews

Coming from a small town in the thumb of Michigan, I absolutely love Bay City. There is plenty to do as Bay City has numerous social events and gatherings throughout the year. My personal favorite is the rail trail in Bay City. There are numerous options for leading a healthy, active lifestyle.
Bay City is a lovely place to be. It is sprinkled with many little wonders. If you are ever in the area, I suggest a visit.
Bay City is an alright area. The schools aren't bad and depending on the area there are some really nice places. Downtown and Uptown are making it seem like there's a glimmer of hope of making the area better.
Review Bay City
Very historic and interesting town. Lots of things to explore in every nook and cranny of the city. The downtown area is beautiful, as it sits right on the Saginaw River. Many smaller neighborhoods have a diverse nature to them on their own.
I have lived in Bay City for almost 12 years. It's a nice area with good job opportunity and a great art community. We have a lot of historical areas in Bay City. One of the great things about the area are the events and fairs during the Spring and Summer seasons. There is always an event to attend, concerts, fairs, etc.
Bay city is a small town. Not much to do and there are poor job opportunities available. It's a good place to visit for there festivals they have over the summer, and they have a great fourth of July celebration.
I've lived in Bay City my whole life, and it's always been a small community. Everyone seems to know everyone type of town. There isn't a lot to offer here anymore since the economy crashed in 2008. Our mall has been slowly going out of business, but businesses are trying in the area. The summer is always the best time since we have a lot of festivals, but once winter rolls around it's very dead. There are quite a few bars that people frequent. Food selection is okay, nothing extraordinary. I find that this is a good place to live if you're making decent money, but it's not a good place if you're on the lower end of the spectrum. I find that most residents never want any change in the area. Whenever it's brought up to do something different it always gets voted down. Then people turn around and complain that the city never does anything. I wish we would just bite the bullet and change up stuff for once.
Bay City is a great town for all age groups. Currently there are many people taking an interest and investing in our historic downtown which has brought the value of our city higher. Bay City has a lot of things to do outdoors during the summer and is a very active and upbeat city.
It's a wonderful town to raise a family. The schools are wonderful, the area is pretty safe and it's still close enough to the big city to plan a day trip. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants in the area and you are right where the Saginaw River meets the Saginaw Bay so great for the beach, fishing, watersports or any out door activity!
Bay City is a quaint town teeming with potential. Recent years have seen the return of a younger generation who left the town to pursue greener pastures but were drawn back home. A newly revitalized downtown is home to a myriad of small local businesses ranging from cheese shops to record stores to cigar lounges. Bay City even went as far as expanding the area to create an entirely new district known as Uptown. There is never a shortage of things to do in town, with free weekly concerts in the park, annual festivals, and even one of the largest film festivals in all of Michigan. More of the nature type? Bay City conveniently contains an updated paved trail system stemming from neighboring counties all the way to our very own state park complete with a beachfront.
Bay City is improving its image with each passing year. Perhaps its proudest achievement was recently realized when its Tall Ship Celebration: Bay City was awarded the 2016 Port of the Year for the fourth time, cementing its status as the most awarded port city in all of North America!
There are some things that are available in the city to do. More than where I grew up. But this area is becoming one that is getting as bad as some other local areas. Crime is on the rise as well as a drug problem.
I love the use of river front that the city has, for parks, and commercial real estate. Downtown is being built up like Ann Arbor. Something is scheduled for almost every summer weekend.
Bay City is a small town about 10 miles from my home. It's convenient for shopping, food and small town festivals. There are 5 high schools. Crime is fairly low comparatively. I would love to see a few more businesses open on the north side.
Bay City is a fantastic spot for summer attractions. The downtown area boasts many festivals and events, such as the Tall Ships, the infamous Bay City Fireworks, and the Downtown Art Fair. There are many breathtaking views in Bay City, along the Saginaw River and by the Saginaw Bay.

In the winter, there is less entertainment. Most residents travel to nearby Frankenmuth to partake in Holiday activities. However, Bay City still has some exciting events in the winter, such as Sundays in the City, where downtown businesses participate in sales, promotions, giveaways and contests. There is also a free horse and carriage ride throughout downtown Bay City during Sundays in the City.
Bay City is a nice place to live. With Saginaw and Midland so close there are many job opportunities available within commuting distance. Bay City is safe for the most part. There are places that are not the most safe, however violence is not nearly as common as in Saginaw. Cost of living and the real estate market are both positives right now. The cost of living in the city is low, and there are many available homes in Bay City currently. Finally, the night life is not really existant. Midland street has bars for everyone, but there are no real clubs for late night parties. That being said, Bay City has recently been adding businesses and attractions to bring more attention. The uptown complex, Real Seafood, and the new YMCA are all recent changes for the better and I only see improvements in the town's future.
Not too big of a city, but a good amount of access to stores. Lots of small businesses ran by local people. Area is very community involved.
Review Bay City
Bay City is located in the lower peninsula of Michigan. The saginaw River runs between the two downtown areas. We have lots of parks, the rail trail for biking and walking, and a festival almost every weekend throughout the summer. Our east side downtown is quaint with lots of antique shops and unique restaurants. Uptown is a new development with businesses, restaurants, condos, and parks. Many of the parks in Bay City offer free entertainment on weekday summer evenings.
In the part of Bay City that I live, there is not much crime. In Bay City as a whole there isn't much violent crimes. Every once in awhile you here about break ins and petty vandalism but I feel fairly safe in my area.
I like that there are many festivals and things to do. I am originally from a very rural area but where I live they allow me to have a few chickens, which is great. The mall here leaves a lot to be desired and it has for many years, especially after they got rid of Target and Sears. There are a lot of churches and community centers that are available to help those who need it, which is great.There are also many schools to choose from for my kids.