Bartow Reviews

It is a nice small town. Everyone knows everybody. It is predominantly a agricultural community. But it is growing each day. The town holds a monthly tow jam. A get together of the community to provide a sense of community growth.
I grew up in this small town in Florida until the age of 22. I moved back to Bartow in 2009 to be closer to family. My children attended Bartow High School just like I did. I received many notifications of the school being on lockdown due to weapons being brought in, but the most frightening was a bomb threat. Since Bartow is such a small town, there is a lack of entertainment, so residents opt to go out to eat instead of traveling an hour away to either Orlando or Tampa. This has contributed to unhealthy eating habits and living, which led to much of the population here being plagued with Obesity and Diabetes. As a nurse, I see this everyday. The cost of housing in Bartow is high, but what is higher is the electric costs. Bartow buys it's power from a third party. While living in Bartow I have had electric bills over $500 a month. Job opportunities in Bartow are there, but the most Bartow residents commute to other cities for higher pay and more opportunities.
Bartow is a great town because it provides all the resources you may need. Also, it is nearby larger cities and is easy to travel to one place to another.
Review Bartow
I've been living in Bartow for eight months now and I love the atmosphere. I would like to see change for better job opportunities. Other than that I feel very safe.
Bartow is a small and somewhat quiet town, there are a lot of small shops owned by locals and walking downtown is amazing in the evening time. Bartow holds a lot of history and is a great town to raise children in.
I've been here my entire life. I enjoy the country life, but I would like to see more things the younger kids, my children with places to go and things to do like a bowling alley, or skating rink and even the movies without having to leave the city.
Bartow is a small town with a big heart. There are several restaurants and mom and pop stores to shop at. Not only does it have small business owners they also have a Publix, Walmart, Lowes, Office Depot and other great places to shop. Bartow is home to Stacy Butterfield Clerk of Courts as well. Come for a visit to see the great things this small home town has to offer.
I love living in Bartow, schools are close to my house. Also, it is not far to go shopping or out to eat.
I like how Bartow is a small town and everybody knows everybody, so know matter where you go, you know someone is watching out for you. While having everybody know you is great, it also means that they get in your business and cause drama. I do wish that there was not as much drama in the town as there is.
Born and raised in Bartow Fl. A small family oriented town. Bartow is a place you would love to settle down with family. Local businesses down town on Main Street. Churches with various denominations of your choice. Pubic or private schools available for your children. Police station, fire dept, local jail. Bartow is the county seat which means the court house is in Bartow. Dentist and Doctor offices to provide your health needs. Hospital located within city limits. For your shopping needs grocery and retail stores for example Publix and Walmart. Restaurants available for your dining needs, Hotels and motels available.
I truly enjoyed living in Bartow. I was close to Lakeland, so I could visit family when I desired to. Also, Bartow has a downtown area where you can find all the major government businesses, (post office, tax collector's, etc).
Bartow is a very quaint town located in central Polk county. Daily life here is relaxed far removed from the hustle and bustle of larger surrounding cities. The people here are nice and full of southern charm and hospitality is abundant as well.
It's a nice place to live. It's very family friendly and it's growing by leaps and bounds. I recommend anyone who wants a nice quiet place to live to hurry and move there.
There is no crime hardly in this area. It is very small and everyone knows everyone.
I like Bartow because it's very homey but yet there inst much going on. It is a small town and everyone is very friendly. you wouldn't be able to get lost very easy and if you like thing to stay the same Bartow is your place.
The police take their jobs very serious around here. You don't get away with things around here if you break the law there will be consequences. That's not always a good thing for your but for the overall safety of everyone else its what needs to be done.
I like the area I live in its nice and quiet people don't really mess with you or anything like that. You can just go on about your business and you don't have to worry about other people breaking into your house or stealing your stuff. Plus its a really quiet neighborhood and the neighbors are really nice. There's not really any obnoxious people around or anything like that.
Review Bartow
Bartow is a very safe place to live. Mostly because there are policemen everywhere we go. There is also a jail in Bartow so cops would be available and come to your house quickly incase of an emergency. A firehouse is located next to the jail and it makes me feel safe that there are firemen there ready to help someone who is in danger. But there are hardly any crimes being committed compared to other cities in this state.
I've never felt unsafe in Bartow. Every town has their bad parts, and a certain degree of crime, but Bartow has never had anything major happen, and the crime level has remained at a minimum.
I love Bartow, I've lived here for almost 3 years, and it's great. The town is quaint and the people are very friendly. I wouldn't change it for the world