1. Town in California

Barstow Reviews

I like that Barstow is a small town, and that you can get any where real quick. Also there isn't much traffic so makes for an easy commute
Great community for start!
Barstow Community College is cheapest college in units compare to other colleges in California. College have a good programs for students success in education, free parking lot, small classes. Barstow located between Los Angeles which take 2 hours and Las Vegas 2,5 hours away, so for night life and beach day you can decide on same-day.
Barstow is safe and a family oriented town. There is not much crime and is pretty clean. I would recommend putting more stores and businesses here.
The site was easy to use and allowed for quick searching for scholarships. The surveys are simple and quick for someone with as busy a schedule as mine.
Barstow is a small town located in the Mojave desert, sitting on the I-15 and I-40, famous for being the halfway point between L.A. and Las Vegas. At first glance, as so many people have said, Barstow is "small," "nothing but gas stations," and looks like "nobody lives there." Having lived in Barstow all my life, I admit that there is some truth to these observations, but the quote "never judge a book by its cover" then comes to mind. I have seen the values to living in this small desert town. A benefit, and one that I often take advantage of, is because Barstow is in the desert, the outdoors are easily and readily accessible. I have gone on hikes, camping trips, off-roading, shooting spots, star gazing, and sand boarding all within 10 minutes of town. In fact, the love and appreciation that I have for the surrounding desert played a significant role in earning my Eagle Scout rank. It is because of its desert surroundings that all these outdoor activities are possible.
I'm from the east coast so there's a big difference. I'm not a fan of Barstow. It seems like an old town from an old Western movie. The one thing I like is the food. They have a lot of restaurants.
Barstow is a nice small town to live in. It is a good places for raising a family with out all the problems of the big city. It is still close enough to Apple valley and Victorville if you want to do things with the family. Also not to far from big Bear if you want to go up in to the mountains or go skiing.
I currently live in Barstow, Califfornia. I moved here two years ago from Bakersfield,Ca. Barstow is a small town, town is literally one big circle. This town is great for networking and creating happenstance. Although it has great positives it also has some negatives, which include, increasing crime rates, and an early stop time for routes on public transportation. If you have a car or are planning to get a car this town is a great start on a new life.
Barstow is a small town but it is ok to stop by for a quick snack, the little restaurants are good, but make sure you lock your doors.
Barstow is a very small town in lovely California. Now, while the state might be great I can not say the small for this town. The streets are filled with homeless, most of the town is just dirty, and it seems like every person walking down the street in the middle of summer are not in their right state of mind since anybody who would be, would not be out. The best thing about Barstow is the small college away from it all where most of the people there are trying to leave and go live somewhere better.
Barstow is a very old and ran down town in my biggest opinion. There is very little to do for younger people. It is burning it's self from the inside out without any improvements to be given.
We haven't lived in this neighborhood very long, but so far there have not been bad things that have happened nor crime around our street that we know of. It is very quiet (other than the dogs across the street) and everyone for the most part seems to mind their own business.
I absolutely love the neighborhood I live in, but the town is getting to become too much desert for me. I have lived in the desert all of my life and my husband and I believe that it will soon be time for a change of scenery and weather! As soon as we are able, we would like to move East and find a nice city around Colorado or New Mexico. I could never get tired of the beautiful scenery, skies, and rain!
Low crime area, but higher crime areas all around.
It's a good area and close to schools and grocery stores.
The area has progressively gotten worse over the years. There have been more crimes and each year this area becomes less safe. My concerns are the number of crimes that have arise.
The particular area I live in has gotten worse over the past couple of years. I have seen more crimes and the safety of this area has drastically declined. I think that in the future this area will only get worse.
Like I said before, police does not constantly show up because where I live at is usually quiet.
Ever since I have lived there, it has been nothing but peaceful and quiet. I do not have to worry about police constantly coming around this area. The street that I live at is mainly quiet because we are surrounded by different streets that are quiet as well. We did had a couple of occasions before, but nevertheless I love where I live at, and when there is a come in time I will take the next step, far as moving out, it will be hard, but it will leave me with memories.
Most of the people here are friendly, but there's a lot of homelessness here and there are a lot of people who are not in good mental states. It's extremely hot here, and there is absolutely nothing to do in Barstow. You could go to the park, but I wouldn't recommend it due to the weather being so unpleasant.