Bangor Reviews

Bangor is a great town to get started on your own. I was 19 when I moved to Maine and was completely on my own. I loved how Bangor could be a "big" city and then you could drive 20 minutes and be in the country. It reminded me a lot of home and that helped me adjust well. I don't like that there isn't more things for college and high school kids to do. I would love to see more outdoor activities or even indoor ones, like laser tag, go carts, etc.
I've worked in Bangor for about 6 years now, its a great area with numerous job opportunities. If I wasn't leaving for school, I can see myself staying here for some time!
Bangor is very diverse and unique community. While the community may be rather large, it feels as though everyone is willing to help one another. The town has much to offer from culturally diverse restaurants to new facilities to use for all ages. Simply put, Bangor is a great town to be in.
Review Bangor
Great library, bars, restaurants and quaint downtown area! It is walkable with a variety of places to go with friends or family.
Bangor is a great place and is constantly growing. It's in the perfect position to support city and nature at the same time.
Bangor is small city in the middle of Maine with everything you could ask for in a city. Shopping, bars, restaurants, parks, playgrounds, hiking/biking trails, trampoline park, inflatable park, all of this without the traffic jams of larger cities.
It's a lovely town with a lot of shops and places to eat. The street lines could use a paint touch up. There's a lot of wildlife to see.
I have found Bangor to be lovely place to grow up. It has provided me with a safe, but health lifestyle that perfectly fosters the development of individuals--from childhood through adulthood.
Sometimes there are creepy, drug people lurking. Mostly in the late night hours. There are a lot of fun things around Bangor, cute antique shops and coffee shops. Bagel Central is my favorite spot.
Great small city. Low crime. Great restaurants and shops! Lots of job opportunities and the Healthcare options are multiple.
Bangor is a great place to live and work. The people here are friendly, and there is always lots to do! The BAT bus connects Bangor, Brewer, Orono, Old Town and Hampden and it is very easy and convienent to get around.
Bangor is a sweet little city that has a community for nearly anyone. It has an active night life with restaurants, bars, movie theaters, and concerts in the summer. It is a safe place to live and to go to school. The only thing I wish I could change is the cost of renting in this area, although it is not very different than other urban areas in Maine.
Great town with all the amenities of a city and none of the crowding/hustle. A nice place to live/work.
The "Queen City" is growing, but it has its growing pains. Recent revitalization efforts are underway to attract young professionals to the area to replace Maine's aging workforce. Although there is a long ways to go, Bangor promises to be a great place to work and live thanks to its safe neighborhoods and growing entertainment and night life sectors.
Bangor is a great place to shop and eat at a variety of restaurants. There are also numerous colleges and hospitals in town as well. The city has upscale neighborhoods, and also, low cost neighborhoods to reside in.
Good town to grow up in, everything you would need is extremely accessible. Most everyone is nice and downtown Bangor is expanding immensely.
Bangor, Maine has a wonderful school system. Bangor has some amazing parks, but not many opportunities for young children, or children with sensory issues. There aren't many indoor activities for children in the winter time. There are some really nice neighborhoods in Bangor, but several neighborhoods with drug issues.
Review Bangor
Bangor is such a great Maine city. It has everything from entertainment, living, schools, and food. I feel safe everywhere I go and everyone is very friendly.
Cliche, trying to be Portland, ME and very small but can be fun and has a good mature ADULT life, unless you're a lawyer.
It is one of the best places I have ever lived although the weather is freezing. It is environmentally friendly without any pollutions around. People around are also friendly helping out each other like giving rides to those who are going back from Walmart with a lot of shopping bags. I could even say this is the best place to live regardless of race or status.