Ayer Reviews

There isn't always much to do here, but I love this town. I believe the Ayer fire and police departments are some of the best around. Our town is one of the only in the area to have our own ambulances and every firefighter is also an EMT. Quick access to the highways and a beautiful library and court house. Fort Devens is just a few minutes away which is full of industrial job opportunities and beautiful areas to ride bikes. There is also a State Police Barracks on Devens.
I love the small town of Ayer. There is a railroad stop here, so it is perfect to go into Boston for a day without driving in the traffic.
Small charming town, with nice country feel, wonderful rent prices and safe town to live. The neighboring town Devens has large fields that are perfect for a picnic or an evening walk.
Review Ayer
THERE IS NOT A LOT OF CRIME IN THIS AREA. I THINK THE WORST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED FOR AS LONG AS I HAVE LIVED HERE IS A CAR BREAK IN.
LIVING IN SUCH A SMALL TOWN, THE SENSE OF COMMUNITY IS VERY STRONG. EVERYONE KNOWS EVERYONE AND WE TEND TO BAND TOGETHER TIGHTLY DURING HARDSHIPS. WE HAVE SO MANY SMALL BUSINESSES AND FAMILY OWNED RESTAURANTS AND STORES. THE WHOLE COMMUNITY IS SO SUPPORTIVE.
We do have a lot of drugs involved in this town, but it's only at the basic level. Most of the drug related incidents are related to weed, nothing too serious. I'm more concerned with the vandalism and theft.
I feel like people in this area don't realize how good they have it. Everyone may not be the wealthiest, but we don't have to deal with rich people problems in the towns surrounding us, and that's very relieving.
It was ideal for my situation.
The atmosphere is nice but there is not much to do. It is not the most wealthy area either. The surrounding towns have most of the wealth. I would not mind staying here though.
I think the police are more figureheads than pillars of the community
It's a small town with limited opportunities
There are a lot of hospital facilities in the area, there are a few walking trails to keep busy. Slow town so not much stress.
It's a small quiet town. There is a lot of open air, places to walk/run. Has a train stop in downtown and is easy access to major retailers if needed.
It's a small town. If your an active person might not be for you. If you like a slow small town, there are no red lights in town. There are a couple of local eating places, there are some people that seem to be active around town but most people keep too themselves.
Typical New England weather; you get it all. The natives have easily learned to adjust, season to season.
There is a small down town area that wouldn't require public transportation. There is a bike path located in town.
its very interesting to find cool animals in MA
Review Ayer
this housing okay but the rent is too expensive made by military base
This area where I lived is okay because crime rate low unless someone did something bad affect the society image
There are good restaurants in this area to eat and having a good time