Austintown Reviews

Austintown is a middle and working class community that values effort, grit, and perseverance. The school system prepared me well for the rest of my education career.
It is an average town in a section of Ohio that was once booming with the steel industry but is slowly recovering. The only downfall is there really is nothing to do here.
Small township. Nice area to live in, but as with most of Ohio, not much to do for fun. You generally feel safe here. Located less than 10 minutes from Youngstown State University.
Start Your Review of Austintown
Austintown is an okay place to be. Austintown could use some more places for recreation like gardens, museums, zoos, aquariums, just things that interest people. My experience in Austintown has been fine. I have lived here my entire life, so I know a lot about it.
I've lived here in Austintown, Ohio since I was 9 years old. Everyone in the neighborhood is extremely friendly, everyone kind of knows everyone, and the amount of kids to play with was impeccable! I had so many friends in the neighborhood and we always rode bikes together and played tag. A lot of us have since moved away for school and starting our lives but the neighborhood is still great. My house is a corner house, but my neighbors next door to us were extremely friendly and nice but sadly they both passed away. I love me neighborhood to this day!
My favorite thing about Austintown is the community. During football season, almost the whole community gathers at the stadium to watch the high school football games every Friday night. The businesses in Austintown are big supporters of the school district, sponsoring student athletes and musicians. This year Austintown Fitch High School's concert choir performed at Carnegie Hall in New York City, NY with the world renowned conductor and composer Eric Whitacre. The whole community rallied behind the concert choir donating money and their time to help them get to NYC.
This Town has been good to me for years nice neighborhoods and even kinder people, however, the school system is questionable when it comes to bullying. But they make up for it with the nice teaching staff of there local schools the teachers are very kind and considerate and they are willing to here out your problems and they will try there best to help you out. Job wise kinda harsh. Most businesses want only experienced works.
Everyone on my mother's side lives here so I have a deep history with Austintown but it is average because there is just nothing to do here. Honestly, everyone has to go out of town to go anywhere exciting but it is a good small town overall.
I LIKE THE FAMILY ATMOSPHERE AND I WOULD CHANGE THE OPEN ENROLLMENT PROCESS. AUSTINTOWN IS A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE BUT WITH THE INCREASED AMOUNT OF PEOPLE FROM THE RURAL AREA IT MAKES IT DIFFICULT FOR RESIDENTS TO MAINTAIN THE CLOSE SENSE OF COMMUNITY .
It is my concern that drugs in this area is a major concern.
I would love to explore new things and places.
A lot of crime, but not too crazy.
It's not the best, but not the worst.
I wish there was less crime in the area.
I love living in the Youngstown area.
Housing is very affordable in Youngstown, Ohio. There is a variety of homes to choose from in good communities. Homes in the area are well kept and have great gardens and landscape designs. The streets are quiet without much traffic as well.
The community in the area is very friendly. Neighbors are always willing to lend a helping hand if needed.
Start Your Review of Austintown
Crime has always been an issue in Youngstown as long as I can remember. Police are visible in the area. There is a number of shootings every year but the police always catches the criminal. I feel safe in Youngstown and I have never had a personal problem with crime in the area.
I personally enjoy living in Youngstown. It has a large variety of people and cultures all over the city. Youngstown is pasionite of art and music. Down town Youngstown has many options for a night on the town. It has really improved over the years that I have lived here.

One of the best parts of Youngstown is mill creek park. I take my dogs hiking in mill creek park three times a week. It has beautiful nature trails and ponds. I also go to play tennis in the large wick recreation center where there is many opertunities to get exercise.

I have lived in Youngstown my entire life and I plan to stay here for the rest of it.
The community is extremely family and pet friendly.