Auburn Reviews

It's a friendly town, that is surrounded by gorgeous scenery. Many places to hike and enjoy nature, around every corner.
It has had a boom recently in the building of bigger chain stores and restaurants. It's a community where the most active and vocal residents are 50+ conservative, although voter turn-out in 2016 showed it was leaning more liberal.
Ethnicity seems mostly white and hispanic.
Auburn is a great rural town. All the amenities you could need with a small town feel. There are great schools and it is close to snow, camping, water activities
Auburn is a town of character, charm, and warmth. Nestled in the panoramic Sierra Foothills of Northern California, Auburn has many good eats, a strong presence of art and theater, and a diverse community of people. Auburn can offer many wonderful outdoor activities year round, from white water rafting on the American River during the late spring and summer, to hiking and mountain biking in the winter and fall. The downtown area is historic, and features classic, western American architecture that makes for stunning photography. Auburn also has wonderful local businesses that cater to many different shopping tastes and fancies. Most importantly of all, this treasure of the Gold Country is populated by warm and friendly people who will welcome you with open arms and open hearts.
Review Auburn
I grew up in Auburn and lived there for 18 years before going to college. I am very grateful to have such a loving, close community to return to when I visit home. The recreation, hiking, and outdoor activities are wonderful. The American River is a popular place to spend hot summer days. There are also many small businesses and the size of the town makes it easy to form connections.
Auburn is a small town compared to Sacramento, where I came from. It is more relaxed community that is very economic as you get anywhere relatively fast and you just about bike anywhere! There are parks as well as inside activities such as bowling. The neighborhoods are beautiful as well as friendly neighbors. It's a great place due to having privacy, yet also having a good community in a mountain like area.
I moved to Auburn CA when I was 2. My family and I moved here from Los Angeles. It has been a great experience growing up here. I have made some life long friends. It is a very family friendly town with lots of beautiful trees. We spend our hot days down at the river. I would recommend to anyone that Auburn CA is a great place to grow up and/or raise a family.
Auburn, is a quaint little old mining town. The small town feel of this place is alive and well. Everyone, knows everyone, and when the holidays hit, the town is decorated to the fullest. It is known as the endurance capital of the world! I have had the opportunity to make my mark on this small town, by leading the 2004 Placer High School, State Championships, in which has only been done once, in the schools over 100 year old history. My team and I have been commemorated with a plaque, in which is on the "Walk of Flame" on downtown Auburn's main street. This town has brought me up well, am very proud to be called and Auburnite!
Auburn is a quaint little town great for those looking for a quieter lifestyle. Opportunities for young adults are limited, but it is a great place to raise a family.
Very small and familial town. Lately becoming larger with the addition of stores, restaurants, new buildings.
There are a lot of police and sheriffs around. They also build a huge new jail in Roseville. There is a lot of crime all over still.
I really have been enjoying the area that I now live. I think that the cost of living is high but the income is also a bit higher than where I moved from. It is a faster pace and I definitely have to work more to survive. The cost of food should not be as high as it is. The rent is also very high. But it is very nice here.
The level of crime in the area is relatively low and I feel very safe in the surrounding neighborhoods. Every now and then you can see the police cruising down the streets and having a look around but for the most part they tend to stay closer to the city center and the highway that runs through town and on to the next couple towns. Overall, I feel very safe walking down the street, even at night where there aren't very many street lights.
This area could be considered small town and it acts like it. The people are polite and smile to you on the street. It is a very nice place to live. I would probably consider living in Auburn for the rest of my life. Although, I would not want to life at my current address for a long time, it is right next to a school and the kids walking around at the end of the day can lead to a dangerous driving situation that I would rather avoid.
There seem to be very few problems in regards to crime, however when the police are called they respond promptly.
The atmosphere is very sweet, people are kind, and there is always some sort of activity going on. The local high school has great sports, and wonderful programs. The area is beautiful and I love living here.
I expect this area to become much more crowded, detracting from what makes so many people love it.
This area is peaceful and very welcoming. Everyone in town are nice. The neighborhoods are clean. This town is safe. I would come back to live and raise a family here.
Review Auburn
This is not an area that has jobs for specialized higher education degrees.
There is a great beer scene here, with bars stocking great craft brews, and two breweries in town.
While there are a few good restaurants (bar food, cafe/deli, and higher end), I often find myself unable to obtain the basics just by walking. From craft supplies to household products, I have to drive to obtain these items.