Atoka Reviews

I have lived here for 14 years. We love the small town feeling here. We love the safe schools and family friendly neighborhood for our kids. Wish we had more restaurants to eat at. We have to drive to Millington or Memphis to eat at a sit down restaurant. We love that there is no mall to add to the crime rate here. We love small town living!
Akota is a great place to live and it's full of fun and exciting people! I have lived in Atoka my entire life and I can attest to this. Atoka is located right outside of Memphis Tennessee and it is a reasonable commute from the city.
I moved to Atoka at the end of December 2016, with my family. We live in a quiet neighborhood across from the Atoka Elementary School. I fell in love with the town almost instantly. It's small and quiet. My father is military so i moved around frequently as a teenager but i spent the majority of my life in a small town just outside of Chattanooga, Tn. I'm a country girl. There's just something about the sounds of frogs and crickets that takes me back to when things were simple. The overall feel of Atoka helps me not to miss my hometown so much and although it is small almost everything you need is right here or within a short distance in either direction.
Review Atoka
Living in Atoka for the past 12 years, I found it a town full of community spirit, leadership, and positive economic growth. The Mayor and Alderman are genuinely concerned about the wants and wishes of the residents and strive to their utmost to meet the needs of their constituents. In a timeperiod wherein the nation as a whole is lacking respect for their fellow citizens, Atoka is a breath of fresh air. Everybody is "in it to win it". There is relatively no racism and helping your fellow neighbor no matter race, creed, color, or religion or wealth stature, is the main goal. It's all about lending that helping hand. It's all about family values and teaching the young right from wrong in any context. I am proud to call Atoka my home.
Its very safe. There is very little crime.
Its very friendly and safe here. I enjoy it, but there is not much to do. It gets very boring.
This is an extremely safe town. I've never felt unsafe walking around my neighborhood, even at night. The police are always close by and quick to answer. Of course there are the occasional small crimes, but they always end up taken care of.
It's very great for a small, quiet town. Everyone is friendly, and we have most of the stores we need nearby. There are always small things going on to help the children have fun and bring the community together, such as the movies at walker park.
Peaceful atmosphere, nice neighbors, and crime free neighborhood.
I would choose to live here again. We have great people and even better Mexican food!