Athens Reviews

My experience with the city of Athens has been over all fair. The public schools are fair but could improve of student/teacher involvement.
It's very small but it feels just like the town in South Carolina where I am from. This being the case I tend to Miss my hometown less and have a better day on a general regular basis.
Athens is a small town convenient to Decatur, Alabama and Huntsville, Alabama. It has a small town feel complete with a Christmas parade and local festivals. The town is convenient to local colleges. Home to one of the best barbecue restaurants in the U.S., Whitt's barbecue, is famous for their pulled pork and white sauce.
Review Athens
Athens is such a great little town, but easily accessible to huntsville and nashville. Everyone is super friendly and the town offers many events for its residents.
I grew up in Athens, it was once a small town and everybody knew one another. It has steadily grown and is now a very prominent town with a lot of career opportunities.
Small town atmosphere. Athens is in a fabulous location-we have a major highway that runs through the center of our County. Athens is a short 20 minute drive to Huntsville, Alabama which boasts thousands of STEM related jobs.
I love where I live. Athens feels very safe to me. There's lots of food places to go and eat. The best thing we have is our movie theater! It gets a little boring at times but the mall and water park is only 30 minutes away !
Athens is very peaceful. It's a small town, but still has diversity. Most people are quite nice. There are many health food store options near by. There are always festivals and other free fun activities. It's very family oriented here.
Athens is a great town for those who wish to live financially comfortable while commuting to Decatur, Madison, and Huntsville for work. Athens has a great high school that offers courses that prepare its students for college and jobs after graduation. This town has a nice sports recreation facility and beautiful sports fields that many children and adults utilize year round. The historic downtown area has sites to see and enjoy, like Founder's Hall at Athens State University and the Houston Library.

Athens is a hotspot for travelers driving up and down I-65. It offers several fast-food and dine-in restaurants, as well as, diverse choices in hotels and gas stations.

Athens is also a
Athens is beautiful but could use better restaurants and activities. It is a quiet town, but lacks diversity. The scenery is lovely and the town square is very cute.
Athens would be a good city to retire in. The town is small, but the people there are friendly. Also the school systems are great!
Great little town full of friendly people. A town rich in history. The job market is depressed due to the economy yet within commuting distance to several larger cities. Many festivals and events throughout the year are available for your family to enjoy.
I love my town of Athens ,Al and everybody is friendly here. I also love the family environment that is shown around the town.
I love this small town full of character! Athens is definitely my favorite town. Our downtown is abundant with charm and sweet shops. And of course, it is ranked as one of the safest cities in Alabama! Our courthouse is so cute and many events take place around!
Awesome city. I have lived here for 8 years. It is growing and the Athens city high school will be moving to a brand new building within a few years.
The housing is very pretty. Lots of space to put things in your backyards or in the front yards.
The community is a great place to live if you want to stay in a small town and it's very peaceful.
Review Athens
We rarely have problems in our neighborhood, so we don't see these things
The experience at this house has been okay. Everyone is very friendly
The police in the city of Athens are great and reliable. I feel safe and protected.