1. Town in Wisconsin

Ashland Reviews

The police seem to have things under control. I have personally not experienced anythong violent.
I'm and introvert, but this town's beauty forces me to be outdoorsy
There has been some incidents in this area but not to the point where i feel unsafe. The police is really good with making us feel safe but not much crime in this area.
I love being in Ashland. As a fall athlete at Northland College you have to be on campus a month or so before classes actually start and its great to be here when the weather is hot. Going to the lake on a hot day with friends is great. Yes Ashland is a very small town but there is always something to do, on or off campus. I am only a freshmen and I cannot wait to come back again when the weather is hot. I would love to live here. The community is so welcoming; I have met some towns people and they are some of the sweetest people I've ever met.
Some of the landlords in Ashland don't keep up their properties, which is a problem when you are a renter. But housing here is extremely, extremely affordable so I can't complain.
In Ashland people participate in community life and local politics more than in other communities where I have lived.
I've heard about some crime, but it doesn't seem to be different than anywhere else that I've lived.
I really love living in Ashland. I love the friendly people here. The lake and the woods are so beautiful.
The public services are average here for a rural community.
Snow removal is very challenging here. Potholes are the worst here.
There are not a lot of choices when it comes to local businesses.
For a rural area, there are great recycling facilities.
There is a love-hate relationship with tourists.
It's a tourist area. There are tons of restaurants.
The region has rich cultural heritage.
The college keeps things fun and lively.
A personal car is almost a necessity.
Quality healthcare seems to be lacking.
The outdoor opportunities around Ashland abound!
Housing in Ashland is extremely affordable.