1. Suburb of St. Louis, MO

Arnold Reviews

I've lived in arnold for the past 5 years. I have never personally had a problem while living here. While there is crime anywhere you go. I have never been subjected to it.
I've been a resident for 11 years and I went to the local schools and graduated from them. There are a lot of stores and places to eat around here but there isn't a lot of things to do for entertainment. There is a movie theatre and there are some bars.
I feel like this is a relatively safe city to live in. This city is also quiet at night. There is never disturbances around town and there are opportunities to do many different things around town. It is not a super big city, but there are some very nice homes and neighborhoods. I would recommend living here.
Very safe, but not much in the way of entertainment and night life. A good place to raise a family. Schools are decent. There are plenty of shopping and restaurants.
Housing in Jefferson County is a lot cheaper than across the Meremac River in South St. Saint Louis County. St. Louis County has run out of room to build, so there are many, newer housing areas in the Arnold area.
Arnold has all of the amenities of other St. Louis suburbs but all very centrally located on one main street, Jeffco Blvd. There are three major grocery stores, several retail stores, a plethora of eating establishments from fast food to morre moderate priced dining. It is also just minutes away from other large st. Louis suburbs.
We have a mix of housing here. There are duplexes, apartment buildings, single-family homes, manufactured home parks, rental houses, motels and hotels. For instance on my street there are all single -family homes and one or two of them is a rental house. Around the corner from me there is a lot of industrial businesses and duplexes.
My community isn't large but isn't small either. Most of the people are friendly and helpful. There are a lot of places to eat and shop around here. Not too much entertainment though, but there is a cinema and two parks where you can play and fish and picnic and a dog park. We are only 20 minutes from downtown where most of the activity takes place. Most people have lived here for a long time, my family has been here for almost 11 years at our current residence.
We have an average number of break-ins and vandalism like any other community. Our murder rate is low and so is our major crimes.
Arnold, Missouri is a great community to live in. We are 20 minutes from St. Louis so you are close to all the sports, parks, museums, riverfront, etc. We are not a large community but we are by no means a small community. We have 2 different school districts with a lot of elementary schools, middle schools and 3 different high schools.
There is crime from time to time due to more drugs going through the area. The police are quick to respond.
I like the area but I would rather live in the country.
The sense of safety is high, the prevalence of crimes is very low, and the visibility of police is okay. I have no concerns.
If I could do it all over, I would choose an area with less flooding; I would say it's a good area to live compared to other places in this country. I see a positive outlook for this area in the future.
Just like any place there are the better places to live with the bigger, nicer houses and there are the not so great places to live. I'd say the majority of Arnold has good, nice houses there are a few places with houses that aren't as nice but for the most part there are a lot of nice houses and more being built. So there are houses available for people moving up to Arnold. There are not many vacant/abandoned places, if something is vacant or abandoned a new project will begin where that property was. The cost is a little bit more because it is such a nice, clean area but it's reasonable when taken into count all the benefits one receives.
The community is really friendly, people are willing to help out and volunteer. People usually live here until they are too old to live alone or they pass away. The community is very pet and family friendly there is no issue with pets, they're even allowed in some stores/restaurants and family is always welcomed. The community is engaged in events that have become a tradition over the years, people will either volunteer to be apart of the event or come to watch the event with their families.
Arnold's police officers are out and about all the time, every time I drive somewhere I'm bound to see at least one officer. The safety of the town, in my opinion, is great kids can be outside without a parent worrying about something happening to them. Also I never hear of anyone stealing or robbing businesses or anything else along those lines. The police constantly drive through neighborhoods and are out on the streets and if they aren't there are police cameras on just about every stoplight in Arnold.
Arnold is a good place to live; it's filled with people who are prospering in life because they have worked hard to get there, so they are not rich snobs. It's also very friendly and not prejudice, which is very important to me and my family. I would choose to live here again because the people that I've met have made such an impact on my life and the school is great and there are so many new restaurants that have been built and so many more to come. Arnold has really flourished since we have moved here, and compared to other areas it is a great place to live there are a variety of people that live here and a variety of entertainment places. I see Arnold continuing to flourish and becoming a more populated town.
Would like to see more jobs available in the area in the nursing field.
Popular Restaurants/bars Culvers, McDonald's, Hotshots, 54th Street. Nothing for nightlife besides movie theater and roller skating. Some of the restaurants are become more aware of going green, providing nutrition menus, and being more aware of food allergies. Any bar in the area has an age limit (I.D) after a certain time, so older adults can enjoy.