1. Town in Oklahoma

Ardmore Reviews

It is a small city which is great place to raise a family. Great place to live. Lake Murray is with in 5 miles that is a great boating lake. We spend our summers on the lake. The Plainview school has great academics and athletic opportunities.
I lived in Ardmore for almost 2 years. I very much enjoyed the size of the town -- it has a small town feel with enough "big city" businesses to never make you feel deprived. The people are also very Southern with their friendliness and hospitality, which makes a newcomer feel very welcome. It is the first place I've lived, however, where I didn't feel safe going out at night by myself or even going on walks through my neighborhood during the day. The crime and drug use is very prevalent.
Ardmore, Oklahoma is a town that is 90 miles North of Dallas, and 90 miles South of Oklahoma City. Since it is on a major interstate, the crime rate statistics are skewed. It is actually a great town to raise children, and get a great education.

Ardmore is home to Lake Murrary, which is a beautiful lake surrounded by a state park. There are multiple hiking trails, swimming areas, as well as boating and horseback riding opportunities.

The main street area is progressive, with new shops and restaurants opening in proximity to a historic train depot.
Amazing town, Full of love and going people. So many people are so generous. their are quite a few homeless people, but you can always count on out community to help lift them up an on the correct path.
ARDMORE, OKLAHOMA IS A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE! I HAVE LIVED HERE FOR 30 YEARS AND THERE IS NO PLACE I'D RATHER BE. ARDMORE IS A SMALL TOWN AND WE ARE A CLOSE NET COMMUNITY .ARDMORE IS LOCATED IN THE MIDDLE OF OKLAHOMA CITY AND DALLAS TEXAS ON I-35
Ardmore is a town full of fun and adventure. I have lived in Ardmore for most of my life and I love it here. The gang activity and drug activity is kind of a downer, but all in all it's pretty great.
Ardmore is a growing community, with a lot of job opportunies, the housing is a little high for the local wages, but a pretty safe place to live overall.
There was been "drive byes" in this area many times. I never out after a certain time of night
The house is what's good, its quiet but neighborhood is run down
crime is happening almost every day.
not a very safe place to live.
For as long as I've lived here I haven't heard or seen any crimes take place in my neighborhood.
Great neighbors, children are very nice and are always outside. The adults are always smiling and waving! Train close by so if the sound of a train bothers you not your favorite neighborhood then but I'm okay with it.
Over the years the area that my family and i have chosen to stay has gotten worse. the crime rate has gone up, and i don't feel safe. it used to be a wonderful place to raise children, that's the main reason we moved here. Now though, i wouldn't recommend raising a family. There is nothing to do here really, its a small area so not much is here compared to big cities. I'm planning to move to Pittsburgh this upcoming fall.
There is not much to do, but you can always find a friendly face.
Lake Murray and the Ardmore Downtown are the only attractions.
Almost every town has some crimes, people change over time, some people get out of jail and do crimes. I think crimes cannot be stopped. In my area, the High Schools and Middle Schools have police in the school to watch over children, also we have police driving on the roads everywhere.
In Oklahoma, the weather changes rapidly, and can make you sick. Sometimes in when Spring starts, there are tornado warnings, but there has been no tornado in Ardmore that has destroyed buildings since May 7, 1995. We get some thunderstorms, mostly in the summer and before winter. It is a nice place, the thunder and lighting sounds make you feel like you want to sleep.
There are many restaurants and fast foods in my town, and now it is growing. My community loves chicken, and since Chick-Fil-A opened many people are eating there, sometimes it gets so full, it is hard to get in.
My town is a small town, and we have Wal-Mart, Walgreens, and Homeland type of stores. We have new stores coming too and some have already have arrived like Gamestop.