Apache Junction Reviews

I moved here 3 years ago to care for my father after my mom passed away. I had always visited and been enamored of the acceptance of those that live part time in A.J. The residents, of which I am now one, enjoy lower property taxes, top notch law enforcement and a booming economy with higher wages. There is a great deal f activities that take place for the "Snow Birds" that all residents enjoy and look forward to. The Snow Birds bring a great deal of funds to the community that allows for better school choice, lower home prices and a competitive shopping market. We are very close to Phoenix and all of the great activities and culture there as well. Apache Junction is friendly and welcoming. The views of the mountains (particularly Superstition Mountain) draw you in and mesmerize you. This is a wonderful community with much to offer everyone, whether or not you live here full time.
I just recently moved to Apache junction. It has a stigma for trailers and being run down. But all the people I have met are so friendly and there are quite a few neighborhoods that put a lot of love into their homes. I like that it's not far from everything but it feels far. Like you're living in the mountains and can see the stars at night. I'd love to see it cleaned up a bit, and the roads worked on. When we get any rain it FLOODS, big time. Over all though I like being so close to the mountains, you almost forget you're in the desert every once in a while.
The outskirts of Apache Junction are beautiful. There is a lot of the untouched Sonoran desert with an abundance of wildlife. The reason for 4 stars being the actual city is pretty much a retirement community.
Review Apache Junction
Apache Junction has historically gotten a bad reputation across the valley. Since moving here, I couldn't be prouder. The city and it's proprietors have a lot of respect for our military men and women and it is represented in business operations and displays of pride. It is a lot quieter than the surrounding cities and is very close to the mountains and access to other outdoor activities.
I like the small town atmosphere but it's a little too low-rent. The crime rate is not too bad. The schools are mediocre.
Its a small town with lots of history. I love the small town feel with the stores of a city. I like my town and the history behind it.
I do love Apache Junction, the Superstition Mountains, the lakes you can go to, the only problem is, if you haven't lived here which I have for 7 years, but it is very clickish. Unless you were basically born and raised here, or moved here with family, you are basically ignored, a lot of rednecks as I call them, and then the snowbirds that think they own Apache Junction because it is a 55 plus age group, so really thinking of moving out to where people are not so judgmental
I don't like that Apache Junction is in Pinal County. My experiences of AJ, growing up has always been negative, but since purchasing a home here, it has not been as bad as it once was.
I currently reside in Apache Junction, although not every community in this suburb of Phoenix is shady and sketchy, a majority of them are. I personally live the area because I honestly feel better about myself. My socioeconomic status is low income but not as low as my counterparts which honestly make me feel more confident. Overall there is a risk of burglaries and cop cars outside your front door on a daily basis but its where I call home and if you feel like you can handle your own and want cheap rent Apache Junction is the spot.
Apache Junction is a small community with small town values. Its just far enough out of the city to be comfortable but still close enough to travel to work and shopping. Everyone here is friendly and welcoming.
I have lived here for about 10 years total. It is a small town but really close to the big city which is nice. The schools are low on money and I feel the students don't get a great education. If you like small towns and mountains and lakes nearby this is a good option.
Love living here. Still has the old west feeling. Not uncommon to see horseback riders and carts riding down the road.
I love the small-town vibe and community warmth with my neighbors. We are on the outskirts of the hustle and bustle, so things are a little more slow paced. The views don't hurt either!
I am a native Arizonian and have lived in many cities within the greater Phoenix area throughout my life. I have lived in Apache Junction for 15 years. The community I live in is very family friendly which I love. I do wish there were parks closer we live and the schools were better funded.
Apache Junction, Arizona has clearly expressed the desire to grow and revitalize the downtown. Back in 1978 when my parents moved our family from New York to Apache Junction, Arizona, it was quite the culture shock. We moved from city living to this little desolate town that seemed to be about 2 miles long. There was desert every where, one grocery store, 2 elem. schools, and the JR and SR High shared buildings. It was a very fun town to grow up in, everyone knew everyone. Now this town has grown and populated like nobodies business. There has been numerous shopping centers built and we even got a WalMart. Its a little western town which is the home of the beautiful Superstition Mountains and carries the history of Jacob Waltz and his hidden pot of gold, a part of history that has yet to be explained. This is a very interesting place to grow up to say the least.
In Apache Junction, it really depends on where you are to really know anything about the town. If your in town it is easy to get places because all the roads are pretty much connected and all of your businesses are along a single street. If your along the outskirts expect a short drive time, approximately 10 to 20 minutes depending on your location. The town is in the process of improving its image by building and bringing in new business opportunities. It is generally a quiet place with beautiful scenery, including the infamous Superstition Mountain.
The Apache Junction area is peaceful place. It is just outside of the crazy city life so you can watch from a safe distance. If you are not a people person it's the place for you. Although you are not apart of the major city life you have everything that life offers with malls and shopping centers near by. You may find it safer and cleaner than other bigger cities such as down town Mesa. There is no need to worry about commute time for work with it being directly between the heart of Mesa, Gilbert and San Tan Valley. The low cost of living is a major part of why you should live here if you are young and hard at work. I personally wouldn't raise a family here. I feel there aren't good influences that would meet the standards I want them to learn.
Review Apache Junction
It's a good area to raise a family in, except the local school district is suffering from lack of financial support from the state and local community. If you live in downtown, everything is within driving distance and relatively easy walking distance. Be wary of some of the wildlife; the coyotes are known to attack pets they find outside, and owls, hawks, falcons and occasionally eagles are found in the area. Winter can be annoying when people from northern states and Canada come down for the season; roads tend to move slower, and restaurants and stores are always packed.
I have been fortunate enough to live in one of the better-maintained and safer neighborhoods in my community; however, that is not the reality for most people. Driving through this city, it is clear that many people live in run-down homes. This area is fairly affordable and attracts a large amount of low-income individuals and families. There is also a decent amount of vacant or abandoned properties, which can foster crime. I hope to live in an area with better housing and safety.
As an Apache Junction Parks and Recreation employee, I work many city-wide events. At these events, I have the opportunity to view the community as an "outsider" at these engagements and I truly do feel a sense of support and respect from most people. I have been blessed with such support through my involvement with the Apache Junction Little League, which led me to the great employment opportunity I have been given. Most people tend to live in this area their whole lives, which allows for a true community to prosper.