Ankeny Reviews

I've lived in Ankeny for 10 years now and absolutely love it! There are a lot of different thing to do here. Whether you want to go grab a quick bite to eat or go find a trail to hike, there are many options. It is growing very rapidly which is good because it causes the city to put in new restaurants and new place to go for entertainment.
Ankeny had a lot to offer and is continuing to grow rapidly. It is very close to Des Moines both which have plenty of activities to do. Ankeny is a very family oriented place and great to start a family.
I recently relocated to Des Moines, Iowa and settled in the suburb of Ankeny. The first thing I noticed about Ankeny is that a lot of changes are happening all around the city. Many new homes and businesses are becoming established here. The community is expanding exponentially, and along with that, more opportunities are becoming available. Ankeny has all the amenities anyone could ask for. It is easy to navigate, and is also well maintained. I feel very safe here, and welcomed as everyone I have encountered is very friendly. Overall I would recommend Ankeny to anyone looking to relocate it in the Des Moines area. It is perfect for families, young married couples, singles, and the aging. There is something for everyone to enjoy all while maintaining a small town feel in an ever changing and expanding city.
Review Ankeny
I enjoy having so many shopping centers and restaurants so close by. However, as a young man, there is nothing to do here in terms of nightlife. It is good for families; not so for college students.
Ankeny is a growing family community with many neighboring opportunities. It also has many healthy activity opportunities with all of the nearby bike trails and parks. It continues to expand and bring in many new restaurants.
I go to school at DMACC in Ankeny and it has been the perfect college town! There is a plethora of food options and shopping near campus. As a suburb of Des Moines, you get the on so experience the safety of a small town while having the opportunities of a large city. Though the commute to the heart of Des Moines is longer than I was used to, having grown up in Cedar Rapids, the vibrant life of the city is within reach.
It is nice to be in a medium sized city with everything you could need within a half hour drive. The people here are very friendly as well.
Ankeny is a great place to live. There are lots of trails, great schools. I do wish places were open a little later. Most are closed by 9pm.
No matter the time of the day or the year, Ankeny has everything we want and need. From the grocery stores, restaurants, and activities to do, Ankeny has been a great place to live. My wife and I love it here!
We have lived in Ankeny for 18 years. The schools are top in the state! The parks and rec programs are great! The town is full of young flourishing families! We love love Ankeny!
After moving to Ankeny I was blown away by the charm of this little city. It has all of the shopping and amenities of a large city but with a very nice small town feel. It is so comforting to know that when I leave work I do not have to be looking over my shoulder because I know I am in a safe area. Besides the nice shopping and full range of restaurants (everything from delicious barbecue to fresh seafood), there are a number of terrific sporting arenas here. During the summertime, there are some very nice pools that could give a water park a run for its money. The cost of living here is much lower than the area we previously lived. for only 1050 a month my husband and I are able to rent a three story townhouse totaling approximately 1200 square feet. I honestly feel lucky to be able to live in such a wonderful place.
It's close to Des Moines but still has a small town feel. Great schools, great community that helps each other.
This is a beautiful place to raise children, their schools are good, the people are loving and the neighborhood is quiet.
And I want to see is how reduced mortgage for everyone.
A great community with excellent schools for parents looking to raise their children in. Business going up everywhere, and plenty of opportunities around with Des Moines only 9 miles south, and Ames 20 miles north.
Ankeny is a nice town that provides plenty of opportunity. If you want to live somewhere that has plenty of outdoor activities, Ankeny is the place. There are trails, good sidewalks, Disc golfing, plenty of parks, and fishing ponds. Only downside is traffic does back up in many places and it can be tough to get around.
I really love Ankeny! The schools are very nice and have many opportunities for the students. Even with the fast growth of the city, it is a great place to raise a family and it is very safe. Traffic isn't bad unless you are leaving the high school after school. It's very nice and has lots of things to do and its very close to Des Moines!
I was born and raised in Ankeny, and I have started a family here as well. I am active in our community by volunteer coaching baseball, as well as within my daughter's girl scouts group. I also help volunteer for the Iowa Coalition Against Domestic Violence to support women and men who have faced domestic abuse in their lifetime. I volunteer helping raise money for children with spina bifida, as well as volunteer my time at our local children's hospital.
Review Ankeny
New construction over-priced, but beautiful
Great education opportunities, clean, friendly
Small crime rate. Ankeny is great place to live.