Anderson Reviews

Anderson is a great place to live! Family friendly and not toi congested. Lots of restaurants to choose from as well as shopping strips for family fun. Diverse churches on every corner with warm accepting congregations that make you feel at home. Anderson is the home youve always dreamt about and wanted.
Anderson is a fast-growing and diverse town. Rich in history and culture, Anderson a great combination of a small-town feel without the isolation. The schools are a combination of excellent and sub-par depending on the district.
Anderson does not strive to be better. Money is spent in all the wrong places. They roads are so bad, they damage our cars. The racial divide and tension is so bad, it ignores the drugs. The school only focus are those who are most likely to graduate. There is no support for students facing severe poverty and abuse. No clean and safe activities are available to the youth. No public park is even allowed to be inhabited by youth who are unaccompanied. The privacy of the parks punish the rule-followers and taunt the law breakers. I believe if there were somewhere to go and do just about anything, youth would less often choose, drugs, drinking, and reckless sex. Religion also cast an ugly light on responsible youth. Those purchasing contraceptives are shamed. Anderson County caters to the older, republican citizens. Anderson is tough to survive. Spoken as someone raised in a loving home.
Review Anderson
Police treat all citizens like criminals, perform illegal searches. All the while Crime is out of control, robbed three times in one year. The police don't even come out to file a report just do it over the phone, what dose that tell you.
I love the country city life, however there needs to be more bar and grills.
It is a pretty good place to live and raise a family. Some areas crime is increasing, but anywhere you are there will be crime.
Small town feeling. People are friendly and polite for the most part. It is divided in to two very different parts, one is more safe than the other. Anderson has Some weird rules that I had never heard about before, like skateboarding and longboarding are not allowed on the streets or something like that.
Good balance of small town perks to large to amenities. Has nice enough weather and great schools. Conveniently located near Greenville.
there is a lot of renovations and rejuvenation going on in Anderson SC, there also a lot of incoming businesses and work opportunities
Carolina Bauernhaus is a great place to relax and get good food and GREAT beer! The roads are well maintained. Just watch your step at night, the crime rate can be very high in certain areas.
Anderson is an old town still stuck in the ways of old. I would like to see a more global perspective in this small town.
Town is friendly and helpful. We moved here in 2014, and I love how friendly everyone is and I have great neighbors! The Main Street downtown area is quaint with shopping, coffee houses, a good variety of non-chain restaurants. The summer bands in the park are family friendly, safe, and also offer up local brewery tasting and food. Great colleges within driving distance.
There is a slight increase of crime, but nothing too bad.
Like all cities, there is crime here. But the difference is our police department. They are always visible and out, protecting and serving our city. Crime is an issue everywhere, but here it is maintained and controlled in a proper manner by our law enforcement. I have complete trust in the police force of Anderson. They are very trustworthy and capable of doing their jobs.
Although it is much different from my quiet, small hometown, I think Anderson is a great place to live. There are many opportunities here that are not available in my hometown due to its size. There are many places of employment, and numerous job variety. I am able to expand my horizons more than I though possible. The view is great, and the weather is always nice. I believe that Anderson is a growing environment and will continue to prosper over the years. I have chosen to move here permanently after school and will be moving into a home of my own soon. I would do it all over again if I could, and would recommend Anderson to anyone.
I see that the future for this area is growing and that the people who live here are very nice and it is a great place to live.
I have lived in Anderson, SC all my life. It is a small town, but is growing pretty rapidly. I prefer the small town atmosphere. I do not like the hustle and bustle of bigger cities or the traffic that goes with them.

I come from a large family, five sisters and three brothers and all of them live either in Anderson or a county close by and that is a nice benefit.

I see Anderson growing and developing rapidly in the next several years, but I don't think it has the potential to become as large as Atlanta, GA or even Greenville, SC.

I would choose to live here over anywhere that I have visited.
Review Anderson
All the stores are pretty average, considering the location, but I do wish they had a organic market here. If I want to eat healthy I have to gas up my car (that's btw $20-$30), pack up 2 small children and travel 30-45 mins to the nearest largest city (Greenville) just to purchase healthy foods for the entire month. It's really annoying especially when you try to feed your family healthy but you have to debate on time,travel,and gas. If they would build a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, (I shop at both in Greenville) then I would be satisfied.
There is not many things this area is big on when it comes to attractions. The Anderson County fair is one of the only great local evens we have. I would say this town could use more activities.
Sometimes it can get a bit hot in this area, but we have no problems with big weather messes. The most that happens here is small flooding but even that does not last long.