Amherst Reviews

My experience in Amherst is wonderful. It is a safe place to live. amherst is very easy to compute. the people in Amherst are very friendly and helpful.
Amherst is a very nice place to live in western New York, with a reasonable cost of living and a lower crime rate. It has all sorts of shopping opportunities.
Amherst is Close to University at Buffalo North Campus. It is a good place to live since it's nearby the school. Easy access and good roads. Plenty to do and is a safe area.
Start Your Review of Amherst
This is a family-oriented suburb of a growing mid-size city (Buffalo). There are minimal entertainment or education opportunities for older youth outside of high school programs and events, but it is a good place for younger families.
Great area! Super good for kids, real suburb-y feel. Super safe. Diversity isn't great, despite being close to UB.
I’ve lived in Amherst all my life. I didn’t have a good school life at Smallwood, Amherst Middle and Amherst high, but I still graduated. Plenty of jobs are always hiring, plenty of nice/friendly people and I’ve never been robbed/assaulted before. I never want to move away. The winters can be extremely unforgiving but it also gives people side jobs of snow removal. Spring, summer and fall is always beautiful! We have beaches, festivals, concerts, etc all in nearby Buffalo (only a 15-20 minute drive away). Traffic can be bad, but most people are usually nice enough to let other cars through, letting most traffic flow smoothly. I will always love my town.
Better community events and more family events to attend for teenagers. More sports programs and to pay less taxes. We pay enough taxes and no repairs done to our roads and vacant properties.
I love Amherst. It is a quiet and peaceful place, with very little crime and many friendly people from all ages.
Amherst is a great town. Amherst is near dining and stores. Amherst is small and friendly. I would recommend living in the small peaceful town to anyone. Everyone is kind and always smiling.
Great neighborhood and schools. Beautiful homes and families everyone is so friendly and helpful! Love living in Amherst!
Amherst is a very nice suburb to live. The school districts are good and overall the community is uplifting. Not a lot of problems happens in Amherst and is a very nice place to live.
Amherst is a very family oriented area,that is right for people wanting to settle down in. It has a rather mellow atmosphere, in spite of numerous college students comprising a large portion of it, Amherst has a calm nature.
I grew up in Amherst and hope to have a house here with my own family some day. The nightlife is lacking but it is close to downtown Buffalo, where there is always something to do. The neighborhoods are very safe, family friendly, and there are great school districts.
I've lived in Amherst much of my life. Growing up I went through the Amherst school system and remember them being top notch. While I've moved around some to neighboring towns, I think I like Amherst the most. I've been able to move back recently which allows me to be within 15 minutes of my job.
It is a lot safer than surrounding areas, but used to be better. Interesting mix of people. Amherst has a lot going for it, but needs to do a better job of encouraging young people to stay. The area near UB South could be developed a lot better to have shopping areas near it. Overall, it is a great city to live in.
Growing up in Amherst provided me a good education, stable work opportunities, and a safe environment. Returning here 10 years later, circumstances are a little different for me, I am a single mother, a returning college student, and also a server in the restaurant industry. All of these things are positive in area that is still safe, has growth for opportunities, with the opening of many new restaurants, I am able to continue my education at Erie Community College and then transfer to another school that is close to me. I have also up until recently been a traveler of public transportation. In many suburbs this is hard to come by or there are few and far between, the one thing that has made my transition back here easier is that there is public transportable that is easy and accessible. My son has been able to attend a pre-school program that has suited me financially, and will start to continue his education in the Amherst school district, which I look forward to.
Living in Williamsville ...Village in town of Amherst is excellent.
Lots to do...safe and friendly environment...close to city and easy drive to country.
Start Your Review of Amherst
I wouldn't send my child to the public school it's terrible. my children used to go there and we had to move to another town to escape from a bad public school system.
It was a safe quiet neighborhood, being a student that does not have a car that also lives of campus I had to walk everywhere I went especially to and from the library as late as three o'clock in the morning, multiple times a week. However I never had a bad experience or feared for my safety. I think public transportation needs to be improved and expanded in Amherst especially because I know a lot of college students struggle to commute to class and one of the largest public is located right in its center.
I love the hometown feel of this area and how very friendly and caring people are. Enjoy all the local businesses in the area - great products and great service too!