Ames Reviews

Fantastic place for families. The school system is incredible with close connections to the university.
Ames is a nice town with a lot of energy thanks to the nearby university, Iowa State. It has a small town feel with some big city opportunities, overall, I enjoy myself here.
Great college town. Easy to navigate and has many restaurant choices. As for college students, the college has many free activities to attend durning the week days and weekends.
Review Ames
Ames has a really good school district for k-12. One thing I would say is it's growing faster than what the city can handle. The school is expanding drastically though. Drivers aren't always so intelligent either. Plenty of restaurants and grocery stores. This city is definitely not an, "in the middle of nowhere" city.. at least 60k population. It's expensive to live here, would get a lot more bang for the buck outside of Ames.
Ames is a great place to live. There are many things to do in the town. Ames is very family oriented.
I have been living in the Ames area almost my whole life, and I have not been disappointed. I think it's a great place to raise a family, grow up, and just live in general. It's home. The city of Ames has done a great job over the years in my opinion, and I hope they keep it up!
I've lived in Ames for 4 years, and it has been nothing but great for me. I've met people from all over the world. There are plenty of job for young adults and a great place to live once your career is established.
It is a quiet city during the summer time but gets quite busy during the college school year. The ISU campus is beautiful. It has plenty of food options and is pretty close to des moines.
Ames is a great place! Iowa state university offers a lot of different opportunities as well as the surrounding area.
I've lived in Ames for about 13 years and have never had a bad experience here. People are friendly.
I just moved to Ames recently and have been very happy with it. There are things to do, food options, and the university's beautiful.
Ames has a small town feel, but with the variety of people and opportunities of a large town. Ames has a lot of diversity in religion and background, but everyone is friendly and welcoming. I love this town.
Everyone in Ames the students, faculty, and families are all wonderful people. I've never had a bad day in Ames. It has a beautiful downtown area where I visit all the time.
Ames is a town full of very nice people and is quite beautiful and quiet. However, as a college student there isn't much else to do in the town if you're not the party type.
I grew up in Ames and went to Iowa State. It's not a bad place to live. It's very safe, and there are some fun activities, especially during the school year.
more things to do with attractions. Better shopping mall or a better movie theater. Lower cost of rent for college students.
I enjoyed living in Ames, however traffic during college classes is pretty rough. Ames has many enjoyable places to eat and activities for children. The real estate in Ames is very good, many homes do not stay on the market for more than a few days.
Review Ames
I love Ames. There is plenty to do, it's pretty safe and friendly. We need to focus on bringing more family housing to the area. The houses all get bought up for student housing.
Lived here my whole life, love it. I would recommend it to anyone. We have great schools and parks here. It is a very safe place to live with plenty to do for families. The town is very beautiful and so is the college. we have one of the best school districts in the state and some of the cleanest water in the nation!
Ames feels like a small town while still having larger city options and is close to even larger cities if desired. Easy to get around and people are friendly. The college brings in lots of opportunities for entertainment.