- Town in Iowa
Ames Real Estate Market
About Ames Real Estate
Based on home values, property taxes, housing costs, local schools, and more.
Urban Suburban Mix
Rent vs. Own
Sponsored Mortgage Options for Ames
- Find a loan that's right for you. Compare today's top mortgage and refinancing providers.
- Fast financing, unprecedented service, and no hidden fees.
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Homes for Sale
Get Pre-Qualified for a Loan
Real Estate Costs
Median Home Value
- of residents say housing is affordable. 45 responses
- of residents say the exterior quality of homes is good or excellent. 45 responses
- of residents say the interior quality of homes is good or excellent. 45 responses
- of residents say there is a good variety of homes. 45 responses
- of residents say there are a few vacant or abandoned properties here and there. 45 responses
- of residents say that parking is readily available. 45 responses
Homes in Ames have a median value of $205,900. The median rent price in Ames is $930 and most residents rent their homes. Ames is very walkable, and there are a lot of bars, coffee shops, and parks nearby.