Alvin Reviews

Alvin is a small town with many people pf older age. The real estate is booming and is a very nice place to live. Big yards perfect for familys. Nightlife like clubs and stuff don't exist here. But I love how quiet the town is. Not good schools though I did not sendy child to alvin high school and instead took them to where I work in clear lake. They are very poor and have terrible teachers. The food is very good here I would recommend tex- mex if you can.
Alvin is growing, but still lacks variety for retail and dining. It is very spread out and still kind of rural, when compared to surrounding cities.
Alvin is a lovely place to raise a family if you want your children to be able to roam as many of the 1980’s kids did. The town is relatively safe and has a smaller percentage of registered sex offenders than other surrounding cities. Alvin has several beautiful parks including one for dogs and a place for skateboarding. The only downfall is one the the pluses which is there isn’t much to do in town. That means teenagers have to try all that much harder to get in trouble.
Start Your Review of Alvin
I grew up in Alvin and am graduating from Alvin High School this month. It is a small town on the outskirts of Houston. I would like to see Alvin grow a little. We don't have alot of big stores or restaurants. The city doesn't allow alot of big changes but overall I love it and still call it my home.
Alvin is the city I grew up in. From elementary to college, I have lived here. I love the small town and local businesses in town. Most people who live here are humble, blue collar families who work hard and live simply.
If I could change anything about Alvin, I would like more diversity and more people willing to welcome people of different cultures and political beliefs into our small community.
Great little town that's close to the Galveston beach and Houston city life. It's continuing to grow and bring more businesses. Peaceful and safe. Lots of community events such as music festivals, trader's markets, food trucks and more.
Alvin is a beautiful town with a great host of different people. It has existed for many years and continues to grow with every passing day.
The thing I like most about Alvin is how close the people are. Alvin is a very small town and when something traumatic in the town happens, we all come together as a family and help each other out.
My experience while living in alvin has been great. It’s where I grew up and where I’ve made all my friends. There isn’t anything I would change about it.
I have lived in Alvin most of my life. Granted there is not a lot to do in town, but it is just a small drive out of town to find more entertaining things to do.
Even though the town is stuck in the past and is unwilling to grow into the times, there are some hometown feels to it. The parades and festivals keep things happy. The school board keeps everybody in check, and the small business owners are successful.
Alvin is a rural area with a good school district. It still has the small town feel with a good amount of growth happening. Would benefit if there were more stores and restaurants. People are nice and taxes aren't too bad.
I Love that fact that Alvin is a small town in the middle of no-where. However I don't like the fact that there are more people than the town was built for. Stores are often crowded and lines can be long.
I moved here in 2008 when I got married to my husband. I think it's a nice small town and not too far from larger suburb communities where you could go for more shopping and options. My main reason for living in Alvin was to attend their community college for nursing school, because their program has a 95 percent pass rate and is a highly respected school. There isn't a lot of variety of restaurants, but Alvin has your basic fast food restaurants and grocery stores. I love that Aldi is right down the road from me because it's less expensive. There has also been an increase of clinics, increases access to healthcare and promoting the health of the community. Overall, I think Alvin is a nice town to live in.
When I lived in Alvin in the 90s, I encountered racist people. When I was employed at the Alvin Kroger, there were some employees as well as shoppers that were racist. Overall, my experience living in Alvin was an awful one.
Alvin is an area close to Houston, TX which is very quiet and calm. It has everything for a small town: goverment offices, library, Walmart, etc. Houses are cheap and you find also green zones around the surroundings.
Alvin is an average small town that’s quiet and peaceful. Most of the people here know each other and it has a homie kind of feel. We have a couple of fast food places scattered around the town, which is convenient. For almost every holiday, Alvin decorates the town with lights or colorful colors, making me love this small town much more. There are various churches and some usually have annual festivals that are open to anyone of any religion, which brings the community closer together. The parks around here are nice and some have wildlife to enjoy watching. Alvin isn’t that crowded, depending on where you live. If you live in more open spaces, there’s deer and rabbits that sometimes roam around; nothing bad. Overall, Alvin is a comfortable town to live in, from my experience.
Start Your Review of Alvin
Alvin is a great little town in a great location. There are many family activities through the City of Alvin that include many fun times in the Oak National Park.
I have lived in Alvin most of my life. Alvin is expanding especially over the last couple years. Alvin is a wonderful city.
This is a small town with everything close together, but with no source of places to go and "have fun". I lived there my whole life, and although i really enjoyed the town, it is a very quite town.