Alvin Reviews

I moved here from a small town in Montana. All of the people in this town are very friendly and helpful. I have noticed that most people are willing to help out even if it is for a stranger. I would recommend this town for anyone that is looking at the Houston area.
Alvin used to be a pretty small town, but has grown quite a bit in the last couple of decades. Most people still know everyone and there are a lot of community projects. The community college is popular in the Houston area in general, so a lot of people are here for that. It has an interesting history with being the home of a German internment camp during WWII. It has lately become more of a retirement town and is generally pretty quiet.
Alvin is a clean town. The people are friendly. There are homes for all income levels. There are privately owned businesses and even major chain stores.
Review Alvin
Alvin is an older, run-down town that is surrounded by bigger, nicer cities. Although, there is a junior college in Alvin, the night life here is nonexistent. The city of Alvin, including myself could benefit from a larger selection of restaurants and activities to participate in.
As a nearby resident, I have seen Alvin maintain its small-town charm while still growing at a healthy rate.
I lived in Alvin for many years. Most of the people I know worked at the Chemical Plants further away. Baybrook Mall not far away. Love Alvin Community College.
Alvin is a great country living area. Where you can see the cattle and the city is a very family oriented area. Theres really no night life in Alvin unless you are doing a party.
alvin is a small town that is very diverse and friendly has restaurant that you can just walk in the town center and little museum that has kept alvin history con is that there's not much of a nightlife you have to go out of town to do something fun
Alvin is a reasonably quiet town with a great community college. There are plenty of nice parks and a good running trail.
The housing in my neighborhood is average. You have your fancy subdivision, older subdivisions along with houses on plain streets. Not a lot of run down properties at all.
They are building a lot more homes on the outskirts of town.
It's not terrible, but the town needs an update.
I don't feel it's too unsafe, but I don't walk around town either.
I didn't choose to live here permanently. My parents live here, and I have no money to live elsewhere.
This community is great overall! We do need more things to choose and a variety of places to eat. We often have to go to surrounding cities for the extras, but the small town community is a trait that is second to none!
The city is making a lot of improvements but progress is slow.
We need more businesses in town because a lot of people travel out of our city to go for other options that Alvin does not have.
Review Alvin
Its not bad at all.
Its a very fond of its traditions
The many years I live in this city i never had any problems regarding crime or safety.