Altus Reviews

Very small town with airforce base. Walmart Supercenter best thing here. There's a couple car dealerships and a small college. A nice reservoir for walking and park for kids. Not too many places to eat out. Gas is alright priced.
Altus, Oklahoma is a great small town to live in if you are not interested in being surrounded by a lot of buildings, the Altus public schools are great, with great teachers and wonderful ideas to teach the students, such as moral and proper conduct. It has a lot of wonderful people living in the city, and everything is close. One of the things that would be nice that Altus would have is more diversity in its grocery stores. United Supermarket carriers almost the same things as Wal-Mart but the cost is a bit more, while other towns have different grocery stores with different products, sometimes unique such as good priced organic products. There are towns who are a little bit bigger then Altus but have lower pricing on their organic products. Overall if you are a person who is not in to doing much, and just want to spend time at home with the family and want to avoid the big city live, then Altus would probably be the right place for a person like that.
It's a close nit community that offers a good amount of entertainment, with the airforce base in town.
Review Altus
Altus is a unique town. I have lived here 4 years. There are several choices for shopping, dining, and entertainment. Altus is only less than an hour away from Lawton, which has more options for everything. Everyone is very friendly.
There aren't a lot of places to go sit down and eat. I would like to see more stores. Its basically a small military town. If you really want to do anything like go to the mall or see a movie, you have to drive for almost an hour.
I have lived here my whole life. I have always enjoyed living here. The Real Estate market is a little higher than other towns. We do have a lot of family friendly activities to do such as: bowling alley, movie theater, parks, etc.
Altus is not too bad of a town if you're retired. It is joined with an Air Force Base but as far as Altus itself, it is extremely boring. There is nothing for the children as far as recreational centers, the town is riddled with burger joints and only 2 of them are 24hrs. We have an Applebee's which is located out of town because the Committee was against it. However, they expanded the city limits of Altus in order to collect taxes on it. I would not recommend anyone to move to Altus, Ok by choice. Dont' do it!
Altus has went to great measures to keep the historical downtown while bringing in the feel of new with a variety of mom and pop shops. I wish there was more entertainment and more variety of food.
As a military dependent, I have had to relocate every 2-3 years. I recently moved from Florida to Altus. From what I have noticed, they are very different from each other. The environment is an interesting change of scenery but, I have discovered the people of Altus, Oklahoma are very friendly people. It is probably the most supportive and encouraging community that I have had the pleasure of being apart of.
I have lived in Altus my entire life. This town is a fabulous little small town with wonderful people.
I have lived in Altus for about 15 years. At this point, I can't go to the store or gas station without seeing anyone I know, which I personally like. Most people are friendly and open to talk to anyone. This town is very supportive of the younger generation, which being in high school, I really appreciate. It's a big football town and that's where you'll see everyone on a Friday night during the fall. It's a nice place to live, just a little far from any entertainment places or shopping malls.
This is a good town to live in! Not a lot of crime, pretty safe town. Quiet town and good schools. A lot of great people here.
Great place to live with a family. The best things about the town is the nearby lake.g I've it a try
Not a lot of crime happens in this area. The police are always patrolling around the neighborhood and around town.
The weather is pretty pleasant and warm all year round. The yards, houses, and streets are routinely maintained and kept clean. Plenty of parks and open areas. It's close to several lakes and wildlife areas. The only downside is that it is a small town and so for some things I have to go to the closest city, which is about an hour's drive away. I like living here because it doesn't snow in the winter, the spring weather is amazing, and I love to hike at all the different parks around here.
Because i live in the "nicest" area of town, there are very occasionally a few break-ins, but i am not as concerned anymore as it appears that the problem has been resolved.
The neighborhood i live in is very beautiful and is very clean and well kept. It is definitely an improvement from the neighborhood that i lived in previously. It is very quiet and peaceful and i am not afraid or nervous to go for a walk around the neighborhood.
Review Altus
Questions are not what I expected but overall good
I love the questions are straight forward
a lot of small town pride