1 review
  1. Town in North Carolina
NG
Overall Niche Grade
  1. Public Schools
    NG
  2. Crime & Safety
    NG
  3. Real Estate
    NG
  4. Nightlife
    NG
  5. Good for Families
    NG
  6. Diversity
    NG
  7. Jobs
    NG
  8. Weather
    NG
  9. Cost of Living
    NG
  10. Health & Fitness
    NG
  11. Outdoor Activities
    NG
  12. Commute
    NG

Real Estate

Median Home Value
$105,100
National
$176,700
Median Rent
$694
National
$904
Area Feel
Rural
Rent vs. Own
  • Rent
    32%
  • Own
    68%

Crime & Safety

Crime & Safety
NG
Based on violent and property crime rates.
Violent Crimes
  • Calculated annually per 100,000 residents
National
  • Assault
    No Data
    264
  • Murder
    No Data
    5
  • Rape
    No Data
    37
  • Robbery
    No Data
    135
Property Crimes
  • Calculated annually per 100,000 residents
National
  • Burglary
    No Data
    575
  • Theft
    No Data
    2,114
  • Motor Vehicle Theft
    No Data
    257

Residents

Diversity
NG
Based on ethnic and economic diversity.
Median Household Income
$35,813
National
$53,046
Children
22%
Education Levels
National
  • Master's degree or higher
    4%
    11%
  • Bachelor's degree
    7%
    18%
  • Some college or associate's degree
    34%
    29%
  • High school diploma or equivalent
    38%
    28%
  • Less than high school diploma
    16%
    14%

    Alliance Township Reviews

    1 review
    I can't really say if I would live here again, but I can say that this is home to me and however I choose to improve it, things can get better or worse. Where I'm from is called Pamlico county and the motto or lesser known name for it is, "Where the land and sky meet water". I'm not entirely sure the exact origin of this saying but I know it comes from the Native Americans, possibly due to the peninsula shape of the county. To compare it to other places would be rather easy, It has two main roads and only has two stoplights. While 92% of the county is farmland the other 8% consists of Oriental. Oriental is almost a county of its self located at the eastern most point of Pamlico, Oriental is a local hub for Sailors and Fishermen traveling up and down the east coast. It is also a different area you typically would not find in the south, mainly due to the influx of mariners coming down and then becoming charmed by the southern hospitality and choosing to stay. I really don't see any major changes coming to Pamlico except updating and keeping up with the latest farming equipment. So to say would I live here again if I could start all over? I would have to say yes due to the clash of culture here there's always a new experience everyday.
    • Niche User
    • Aug 9 2015
    • Overall Experience