Albany Reviews

Albany is a nice, close-knit town. There are many people who are good about reaching out to one another and looking out for everyone.
I have lived here my entire life and it is great here. I like that it has grown over the past 8 years by adding more restaurants and stores, and it is continuing to grow. It's a great place to raise a family, there are several schools and neighborhoods to choose from. I would like to see an increase in places for activities since there is only a movie theater and bowling. However, when it is nice out there are several parks to go to.
Schools are great if you have kids. Cheaper rent than some of the larger surrounding towns like Corvallis. Usually a lot of jobs around too.
Review Albany
Most of the people are nice but if you can not help most people or belong to the church you want help from then they seem to snub you and make you feel less than human because you asked for help.
Albany is a great small town with friendly people and great summers events. Albany is located about 30 minutes south of Oregons capital, Salem, Oregon. I grew up in this small town which holds home to some amazing memories of my younger days. I would recommend a visit to this town during the summer for the great live music events held at Monteith Park overlooking the Willamette River.
I would like to see more activities to do in Albany. Albany is small and has very little to do for the youth so they go out and get into trouble. I would like to see activities that would interest everyone.
Albany is 70 miles south of Portland Oregon and is that Grass Seed Capital of the world! Albany is rich in agriculture, with many grass fields through out the town. It is beautiful and experiences a fair amount of rain. The city of Newport is 45 minutes away from Albany. Newport is on the Oregon coast, and there is an aquarium and a seal dock. Albany has many beautiful parks that are well kept by the city. Downtown there are historical shops, and every spring there are giant flower baskets hanging from every light post. There is everything you need in Albany. There is a mall for light shopping, numerous grocery stores that promote competition, and activities. Overall Albany is a beautiful town full of agriculture and fun things to do.
Very quiet small town. The most what I like about it is Linn-Benton C.C. I wish that this town would have a nice university as well, and some family friendly places to go to. The down side is that there are not very many parks/recreational places to go to with family during winter time. This town needs some inside activity centers to go with kids to. I would say that this is a nice quiet place for older citizens or for families without kids. The prices on rent and living went up a bit since 2013-2014. It used to be more affordable than it is now. Another part that this town lacks is a nice health food store, such as Market of Choice, Whole Foods, or Natural Grocers.
It is my home town. kuidrhfvldkjshlfijhdastguodfaishldkjaishfkjihdasolhfjlasdkjhfldkjashflkjdhaslkfjhladhfjsqaiswhfrpiauewyhrfpihaespfjihpaswjhefkljhashjufjauisw
I have lived in Albany Or for two years while attending Linn-Benton Community College. I would reccommed living in corvallis if you are a college student. I would also reccomend living in Albany if you are on a budget or want less nightlife.
It is a very normal city. There are pretty obvious sections that are all pretty different from each other. North Albany is a newer area with lots of farm land and are to build. Whereas, West Albany is pretty densely populated and has a lot of fast food chains. South Albany is where majority of the big shopping areas are located and there is also new deveilpment for housing. The schools are pretty good, yet there could be some updating in the buildings themselves.
Albany is a cute little town with a diverse community. I have lived here since I was 4 and have always loved it.
I lived in Albany and the surrounding area for 34 years, just moving away last summer. I always enjoyed living there. It's not perfect, but it is a nice, mostly middle class town. I like that it is clean, lower than average crime, and has lots of opportunities for outdoor recreation. It is also nice that it is central to so many places; 45 minutes to Eugene, an hour from Portland, about an hour to the coast, and about an hour to the high desert. I only moved away because I finally had the opportunity to follow my dream and buy some acreage in the mountains.
Pros: Lots of city activities and parks for families, good community resources, and most of the schools including the community college are decent, not great just decent (although most of the teachers don't live here). Downtown is trying hard to develop.
Cons: EVERYTHING else! Our mayor is an ignorant twit, our "mall" is garbage, traffic lights and railroad crossings are defunct, housing is slum or heinously overpriced, you can't get a job unless you're ok with PT/min wage/fast food even with a degree (which means you can't afford the homes at over $200k+), HUGE drug problem, the local police force/judicial system are completely corrupt, and there is absolutely nothing to do past 7pm. That's when the tweakers and hood rats roam the streets in droves. Oh, and it reeks like rotten eggs from the nearby paper plant when it's foggy or rains, which is often.
It is a small town with a big town feel. There are many large chain stores here. The biggest issue for me is that fast that this place smells awful after it rains. I'm not sure if anyone else smells that smell, buts its bad. Other than that this place isn't a bad place to live as long as you don't plan on buying a home, the market is very overpriced here.
Other than our methamphetamine usage being second to none, Albany rocks.
Albany is an absolute dumpster fire of a town. However, it's my dumpster fire.
Review Albany
Cops are visible. Low upkeep in the area.
Albany is an okay town depending on the area you live in. Crime isn't bad, but people don't seem to keep up their homes or yards. This apartment complex was really nice when I moved in but they raise the rent every chance they get and not just small amounts. I am moving when my lease is up, after being here 2 yrs., because of the poor management decisions and high rent. It is one thing to charge higher rent for new tenants but they don't care about their current tenants. Lots of young people with big, loud dogs. When I moved in dogs weren't allowed and now there is about 75% tenant with dogs. These units are very nice though. Nice floor plan, good sound buffering, stainless appliances, dark cabinets. Lighting is poor. Some units have granite, some have tile counters. Nice foe wood floors in kitchen and dining room. I love my apartment, the management is allowing the grounds and upkeep go by the way side unless a fit is thrown. It saddens me. I have loved it here. Rent is now way too high.
There is crime here, just like in any other town.