1. Town in New Mexico

Alamogordo Reviews

I have lived in Alamogordo all of my life. Great place to raise a family, but not much to do in the night life for young adults. I also think it would be great if they had a better variety of restaurants.
As I've lived here I realized that it's an okay place. It is a very small town with scarce entertainment but despite that it does serve as a hub for things around.
It was wonderful I saw mountains I went to many Canyon, I went to the Trinity Site white sands national monument, Oliver Lee park, aviator ten. I saw beautiful sunsets at white sands. I visited a lot of family members in Tularosa as well as Alamogordo I enjoyed being here on Christmas I love this place
A military town with a good dose of western historical culture blended in. The locals either like you or don't, there is not much grey area in this matter, so it can be hard for outsiders to land good jobs without having been established here for a while. The landscape itself is awe-inspiring whether you are out in the White Sands Desert, a National Historical Monument, or looking down upon it from Cloudcroft or the newly established monument of the Organ Mountain Range. The cost of living is low and the weather is, in general mild. I have found many people who have sold their homes in more expensive places, such as California, and moved here to retire, as their dollars will last them a much longer time. Yet I am ready to leave with my college degree and move on.
I would like to see the city council open the town up to more growth. They seem to be stunting the towns growth purposely. I enjoy the people here as they are usually very nice.
I wish there were more job opportunities here for military spouses here. I am military and my husband has had issues finding a good paying job here. Also there isn't much to do in town. In order to do anything, you have to drive at least an hour.
Nice small town. Pretty quiet. If you want to get away from the big city and enjoy a west small town, Alamogordo would be the place. Family friendly activities to do.
This place is tolerable for the time being. The people are relatively kind and helpful and the businesses are a little worn down, but okay in general. It is too hot however and there is not much to do for entertainment.
when you need the police there not there to help
There isn't a lot to do here.
It is my opinion that the crime rate is low in Alamogordo. I've lived here all my life and haven't seen too much crime. The police are very visible and patrol all areas of town. I don't feel that they respond quicker to one area over another. The police station is located in an area of town that is considered to be a not so good part of town. I've seen a lot of police officers that have grown up here and make themselves very familiar with the community. For the most part, I feel safe in my town and would consider working as a police officer or detective here in Alamogordo.
I grew up here. Many of my friends and family live here. It is my opinion that the schools could use some work as far as their athletic department is concerned. Although I love my hometown, it would be nice if there were more things for children and young adults to do.

The only bowling alley we have is located at Holloman Air Force base. Not everyone has access to base. There is a local skating rink. It has been in business for many years. Although it's been years since I've been there, I've been told that it is quite expensive and the kids who go there are either bad kids and get treated badly. Or they are decent kids but other kids have made the staff there look at all kids as being bad.

Although I love my hometown, it is very likely that I will end up moving to a bigger town and or joining the military so that I can see the world.
The crime and safety in Alamogordo is actually really great because, its a small town not much crime happens here but when crime does happen the police are always alert and first to respond.
I think think that Alamogordo New Mexico is not a bad place to live. The reason that it is not a bad place to live is because, its a fairly small town and not to much crime happens here. I also believe that Alamogordo is in a nice location we are near ruidoso,cloud croft,Las cruses, el paso .
The crime rate is pretty low, there are drugs low key but what town is 100% clean from that. The safety in this area seems too be safe, I've lived here for more than 6 years and nothing bad has happened to me. Unless you put yourself in a bad situation you're as safe as a Popsicle stick holding the Popsicle together.
Many people find themselves residing in Alamo because of placement through the military base. I am not in the military nor have relation with it but I have made many life long friends who are. Alamogordo is a small town, farthest thing from the city life. There isn't much to do if you aren't an outdoorsy person; if you are than Alamo is your safe haven. We have the local National White Sands park which is great for sand sledding, playing games, grilling, and exploring. We also have mountains which surround the entire town, the mountains are my favorite aspect because I'm game for nature. The sunsets are irreplaceable and the people are down to earth and provide southern hospitality. It's a small town but the majority of great things with huge value come in small packages. It's all about preference and what you're into.
I have come to enjoy the small town living. It's quite affordable.
I believe in this community there is a lot more crime than the public knows about but in general it is a safe place to live.
I would not choose to live here if i could do it all over because there isn't much to do which causes other to do irresponsible things because they were "bored".
There is nothing to do here. The local restaurants are non existent. There is a draw to hunt. I would feel bad for anyone moving here. The military forced my hand though...