Alabaster Reviews

I enjoy alabaster because it is a great city. I can find my way around easy. And I have a lot of friends. And the neighbor I live in is very quiet and everyone gets alone.
Alabaster is the best of both worlds of a small town and a suburb. We have historical buildings and a Main Street. We have community centers and small churches. We also have a bustling suburban area with stores such as Belk, Walmart, Target, GNC, Aldi's, Amstar Theatres, Dairy Queen, etc. You can also find small businesses such as Gigi's cupcakes, Home-plate cooking, Zou's kitchen, Alabaster Florist and more. We have events like fireworks at the park in July, remembrance services during Memorial and Veterans Day. We do city fest as we call it in June. Alabaster has plenty of trees, flowers, and parks. As I said the best of both worlds of suburban and small town life. Family friendly areas with decent education which is on the rise because we just became governed by our own city council and are building new facilities for education. Wonderful special education amenities here as well. Plenty of colleges only thirty minutes in any directions. Truly a wonderful place to live.
I love how Alabaster is growing. I would like to see it kept up a little better as far as the older parts of town. I have been approached a few time with people asking for money and I have not lived here for a whole year.
Review Alabaster
This a great community to raise your children in. Alabaster has numerous small parks, plenty of room for growth to this city. The schools have been great for my son and it a great place for anything you need.
Great city. There is a huge shopping center located in Alabaster where you can find anything you need. Shopping and food options aplenty.
I have lived in Alabaster for basically all of my life. I was in the school system from K-12. I am glad to see that we have our own school system and are building a much bigger high school. I am not sure that will help alleviate morning and afternoon traffic problems because the schools are already pretty close to each other on or near Thompson Road and the new high school is on Thompson Road too. But I do see that they have adjusted the lanes near the traffic lights and added more officers to direct traffic so it is a work in progress. I did not do many things in Alabaster, I worked and dined out mostly in Pelham and shopped in Hoover and went to church in Bessemer. However, last summer I had a seasonal job in Alabaster at the Y and that was very nice. I'm excited to see how Alabaster expands in the next decade so I can compare to now and track our growth!
This community is close and active, hosting several events, City Hall at the hub of it all, that both enrich and cherish community members. One of the most successful and unique traditions in Alabaster is the Farmer's Market on the greens of the City Hall grounds. It has served as a great mixer for citizens, as well as opened the community's eyes to the healthy benefits of homegrown lifestyle. Mayor Handlon extends a warm welcome to all, serving as both a strong and friendly example of the type of citizen all should strive to be.
Alabaster is quite and small. It's really family oriented and a nice place to raise your family. The schools are nice and they give a quality education.
Great experience so far! We have been here for a long time and are very involved in the community. Would definitely recommend living here.
Crime is very slim in the neighborhood. Police mostly patrol for people that are speeding or endangering pedestrians rather than people committing more serious crime. I feel very safe walking around and have never had an encounter with someone of a suspicious nature.
The atmosphere of the neighborhood is great. Everyone is very friendly and polite. The housing market in this area is definitely improving and the houses are well built. I would definitely choose to live here again if I could do it over and I see this neighborhood expanding in the future and becoming one of the city's most populated neighborhoods.
The Alabaster Police Dept. is excellent. They participate in all community activities. They host a get together in Target parking lot every year. They are very patient with young children and the elderly. Quick to respond, makes for a safe feeling atmosphere. My sister is actually considering law enforcement because of the upstanding manner of our police dept.
Alabaster is a small town with some bigger town amenities. Shopping is convenient. Traffic is manageable and it's close to Birmingham with lots of restaurants and entertainment. Maple Ridge Subdivision has large lots and trees are valued. The people are friendly and enjoy helping each other out at any time. Love it!
The housing is great where I live. There are little to no abandoned properties, and the cost of housing is pretty accurate for the amount of house you want.
It is okay. I do not see cops out often.
I like it but I would not choose to live here
Very little crime in this area and if there is, police are always on top of things.
Review Alabaster
I love it. It is a small town with great people and just a nice environment to live in.
I know people who have lived here all of their lives. It's a great community.
Other than normal teens messing around I have never felt unsafe.