1. Town in Michigan

Adrian Reviews

Adrian is a small city in southern Michigan that hosts two private colleges, Adrian College and Sienna Heights University. Adrian has many restaurants right in town and also a movie theater. However, other than that, there is not much to do in town. Adrian is about 45 minutes from both Ann Arbor, MI and Toledo, OH which are both large cities with plenty of entertainment opportunities.
Adrian was a great place to grow up. I lived in a small neighborhood in the Historic District. As I got older I wanted to move away, come to find out I am still here. Many things have changed but overall it is becoming a town that is growing on me. Adrian is starting to get bigger and better. I enjoy living in a small town but still have things to do.
We are a small, everybody-knows-your name. kind of town. There is not much to do for entertainment. The schools need improvement on just about every area.
Not having a lot of crimes around here so it's pretty safe area.
Pretty nice area and environment is actually nice.
In my neighborhood alone there have been two shootings and numerous altercations between my neighbors in the year and a half that I have resided here. I am fearful to be outside and concerned when I must leave my adult special needs son home alone. It is unsafe to be out alone after dark. As a single female I try to never leave my home after dark.
Many factory closings, availability of jobs and resources limited, crime rates rising. Was once a prosperous farming community with many factory job opportunities, these days economy is depressed and programs are limited.
A lot of drug crimes and abandon buildings in some areas of the town.
The school system isn't the best and it keeps getting worse. Also there is a lot of drug crimes in the area.
Depending on where you go, you will find yourself surrounded by small estates sitting on acres of gated property, but you may find yourself on a road of old colonial houses built rather closely together. They are not spectacular, however they are not in disrepair. Most of Adrian's houses are in good standing.
The community focuses of education and businesses. Since Adrian was once a town with several factories that have closed, there is a strong community working together to create more jobs and build on each others' successes through community programmes and events.
Crime is rare in my town and rarely are the police seen in any unsafe or intense situations. The police force is seen as a force for good and are welcomed warmly by most citizens. I feel safe to walk around my town at night and find that Adrian is a place for all kinds of people.
Adrian Michigan is a rural town consisting of many small business owners and a working class which enjoys a sense of community, especially after the recession of 2008. Entertainment, food, and culture have taken root and plan to grow within the years to come and are fostered by three local colleges. Adrian is changing for the positive, providing many opportunities for community service and leadership.
A lot of fast food places higher college students
I don't go out to eat a lot but I know there are a few bars downtown and night life is not that good everything close early
Adrian is a small town with a lot of business and they are all local and nice usually not busy but will have what you need.
Its difficult to find a good job because there are so many college students in the town looking for jobs.
I have loved the food and drink. Thats about all we can do in the area.
There are some shops down town but nothing to flashy. I have not really looked around.
The few jobs that are available are mostly if not all fast food. These are typically obtained by local high school students. Everyone knows eachother here which can be good or bad depending on who you are.