1. Town in Virginia

Abingdon Reviews

Abingdon is a safe, quiet town with a good amount of historical significance. For younger people, this town is not very interesting because there is not much to do. Most of the things to do in this town are for tourists.
Abingdon is a beautiful place to visit and an even better place to live. It is full of history and the landscape is hard to beat. Bustling little shops run by sweet and humble people fill its main street.
Abingdon has a lot of historical sites including the Barter Theater and other buildings or statues. It has many places to dine at and it has just opened up a super Walmart. It would be nice to open up a few places for nightlife activities to be enjoyed not only by the young adults but also by the adults.
Abingdon Virginia is a great family friendly small town. Almost everyone is friendly and the schools are great. I have previously been a resident here and currently work for a company in Abingdon.
Abingdon is an adorable, little town! Main street is full of historic buildings from the 1700s and 1800s. There is a farmer's market every Tuesday afternoon and Saturday morning full of local vendors. Also, on Thursday nights during the summer, there are small bands that come to play shows. There are food trucks and vendors, along with craft beer there as well! The Virginia Creeper Trail runs right though the middle of town and you can ride your bike, walk, or jog on the old train railroad trail. There are Civil War reenactments and colonial reenactments as well. It has wonderful and delicious restaurants, like the Tavern and Luke's Cafe. Also, many people come from all over the world to attend a play at the Barter Theatre. Across the street from the theatre, there is the Martha Washington Inn. There are some many shops all along Main Street, also. Abingdon is surrounded by the Appalachian Mountains and they are gorgeous. Abingdon is the perfect town!
Growing up here has been something that I never fully appreciated until I left. It was then that I realized that I grew up in the best small town the US has to offer. I have learned so many things from living in Abingdon, and I would love to end up moving back and raising a family of my own here.
I just wish the people here weren't full of themselves.
They try their best to keep it on the minimum side, people just won't learn.
I've said before we are a small town and as years go by things change so a few business have had to move or shut down but it's not long after that another business comes in to fill the space some way.
I never have to worry about walking by myself on the streets. I can take night strolls down main street and feel safe.
I really enjoy living in such a historic town. I love that we have the Barter Theatre, it adds so much culture and tourists to our beautiful town.