Zionsville Community High School is a highly rated, public school located in Zionsville, IN. It has 1,830 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Zionsville Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A365 Students
- A+315 Students
- B+174 Students
- A149 Students
- A65 Students
- A+64 Students
- B-63 Students
- A+53 Students
- A-51 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 77 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like Zionsville Community High School
- ABrownsburg High School
- Brownsburg Community School Corporation, IN
- 536 reviews
- AWestfield High School
- Westfield-Washington Schools, IN
- 324 reviews
- ANoblesville High School
- Noblesville Schools, IN
- 534 reviews
- A+Carmel High School
- Carmel Clay Schools, IN
- 905 reviews
Zionsville Community High School Reviews
I am a senior at Zionsville. All high school really is is preparing you for college and they do a great job of it here I think. They do not allow you to slack off and the teachers and administration keep everyone in check. Since you can choose your schedule, you could make it easy but the counselors really encourage you to challenge yourself. The only think I can really complain about is the bathrooms and lunch, they really suck and the school is kind of dirty and they don't let you go in the courtyards. Overall though, it is a good school and I am glad I go here!
The curriculum is good based on the Indiana standard, but the courses offered are ok. AP and honor courses are offered, but Project Lead the Way and IB courses are not offered. The diversity is also pretty terrible. About 13 African Americans in the senior class, even less of Spanish decent. Drugs are prevalent too, but administration tries to keep that and a lot of other problems such as assault, racism, etc quiet. The food is also not very good, they don't offer a lot for all types of people, but you can bring your lunch as always. They also have senior privileges, which aren't often, but are nice. The bathrooms in the main high school kind of suck but the freshman center is where it's at! Overall it is ok, but I have friends and feel usually feel safe at school.
Zionsville Community High School is a relatively solid high school. It has consistently ranked as one of the top high schools in Indiana due to their high AP averages and college readiness of graduating seniors. However, being a relatively small "large" school, with a population of around 1600 people, the opportunities for extracurricular activities is limited due to lack of interest. Especially in terms of academic extracurriculars, most of the students' resumes and college applications develop due to external internships and programs. The teachers are generally very friendly and supportive of the students, although the same cannot be said regarding the administration.