Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Zeeland West High School is a highly rated, public school located in Zeeland, MI. It has 1,022 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Zeeland West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+194 Students
- A119 Students
- B+88 Students
- C+86 Students
- B-80 Students
- A+72 Students
- A-63 Students
- B53 Students
- A-34 Students
- B-34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 58 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Zeeland West High School Reviews
Zeeland West High School is centered in a caring community full of other teachers and students who seek to motivate each other to do better every day! I can't imagine attending any other high school; I think my educational career has been influenced significantly by attending Zeeland and I have been given many opportunities to expand my learning. We participate in programs such as "Be Nice" that has given the school a new view on mental health and working to become a community that constantly looks out for others. It has allowed many students to be comfortable in the things that make them different and know that it is okay to not be 100% okay all of the time. Others are always there to lend a helping hand. Overall, Zeeland is a reputable high school that provides for their students through programs such as athletics and academics and works toward providing the best education for every student that attends there.
I have had a great experience at Zeeland West! Over the years I have been involved in our school's cheer teams and cross country team and had a great experience with both! There have been many different opportunities for classes to take. My personal favorites have probably been my AP Psychology class this year and my Zlinks class. Zlinks is a program that allows me to be a peer mentor for a student with special needs. I have participated in this for three of my four years here. Our campus has been an overall safe and loving community. Our schools have a Be Nice program which focuses on student mental heath. This shows the investment of our staff towards student well being.
Zeeland West has great athletics, school spirit, and teachers. The programs and classes offered are great and often very interesting and educational. The biggest problem Zeeland West holds is in their mental health programs, which are, to say the least, severely lacking and basically amount to: “Are you depressed? Well, don’t be!” They don’t address root issues, and sometimes unwittingly encourage the things that lead to mental illness.