Zeeland West High School is a highly rated, public school located in Zeeland, MI. It has 930 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Zeeland West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+170 Students
- A101 Students
- B+79 Students
- C+74 Students
- B69 Students
- A+62 Students
- A-53 Students
- B45 Students
- A-31 Students
- C+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Zeeland West High School Reviews
Zeeland West High School is centered in a caring community full of other teachers and students who seek to motivate each other to do better every day! I can't imagine attending any other high school; I think my educational career has been influenced significantly by attending Zeeland and I have been given many opportunities to expand my learning. We participate in programs such as "Be Nice" that has given the school a new view on mental health and working to become a community that constantly looks out for others. It has allowed many students to be comfortable in the things that make them different and know that it is okay to not be 100% okay all of the time. Others are always there to lend a helping hand. Overall, Zeeland is a reputable high school that provides for their students through programs such as athletics and academics and works toward providing the best education for every student that attends there.
As someone who spent their four years of high school here, I guess it was just above average. The academics were pretty good and the school cares plenty for the "popular" sports, but it doesn't care about more niche sports and especially not clubs. I think there were maybe two clubs total if you exclude how some of the sports teams are actually classified as clubs because the school couldn't care to make them a real sport. Also, almost no diversity in race/religion/etc. The local joke is that the school is a Christian public school since almost everyone attending and teaching leans on the heavily Christian side. Again my academic career was pretty good, but it lacks a lot in inclusiveness. Fair warning that if you differ from the norm, you will be mildly harassed about it if you cross the wrong crowds of popular kids.
Zeeland West High School is part of a very small, very tightly knit community! ZWHS encourages all students to participate in sports (during some point of their high school career) and ZWHS encourages all students to thrive. The community is quite small and so there is not a whole lot of diversity on the campus. Most of the teachers that I have encountered want nothing more than to see their students succeed.