Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Zeeland East High School is a highly rated, public school located in Zeeland, MI. It has 917 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Zeeland East High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+203 Students
- A116 Students
- B-105 Students
- B+102 Students
- C+83 Students
- B72 Students
- A-67 Students
- A+66 Students
- A-47 Students
- C+46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Zeeland East High School
- A-Zeeland West High School
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- 183 reviews
- NGVenture Academy
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- A-Jenison High School
- Jenison Public Schools, MI
- 233 reviews
- BCoopersville High School
- Coopersville Area Public School District, MI
- 271 reviews
Zeeland East High School Reviews
I made so many amazing friends here, and the teachers are so wonderful! I can always tell that teachers here care so much about their students. Teachers and all other staff members always have a smile on and set an amazing example for how we should all act. From pushing mental health education and teaching us how important mental health is, to just simply smiling to students they pass in the hall, Zeeland teachers raise the bar and show exactly how educators should act. I believe I am very blessed to attend Zeeland East High School and am sad senior year was cut short due to the Covid-19 pandemic. I
Currently as a senior in high school, I can gladly say that high school has been some of the funnest time in my life. I got to meet many new friends and I was welcomed by many with open arms. Sometimes I wish high school didn't go by so fast, but sadly it does with all the fun had. of course my senior year has been the best so far. The people here at Zeeland East High School are very kind and compassionate to one another, to anyone in Michigan looking for a great time in high school, I do recommend give Zeeland High Schools a shot!
Let me set the mood. Zeeland Public Schools is a small town school district that is majorly attended by white people in West Michigan, a bible belt as deemed by Wikipedia. As a minority at Zeeland East High School, it wasn't really pleasant at times, you felt bad about being a minority because all you wanted to do was fit in with the other kids. In this environment I managed to survive with my mentality and personality in one piece. The teachers were very cool and the ones that I had in my four years made an attempt to really get to know and teach their students. The food was okay and the academic life was grueling, but if it gets the job done, it gets the job done. I guess Zeeland was okay, it was behind on the times a little on the LGBTQ pride but that wasn't really an issue with the school as well as the people that attended it. And they're trying on the mental health front even though it feels like there's a student suicide each year.