Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Zavalla High School is a public school located in Zavalla, TX. It has 190 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Zavalla High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-33 Students
- B32 Students
- A+17 Students
- A+11 Students
- A10 Students
- A-7 Students
- A-7 Students
- A+6 Students
- B6 Students
- B-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Zavalla High School Reviews
I had an awesome four years at Zavalla High School. I loved the fact we had small classes, that everyone knew each other, and most of all the teachers care about us. It is a great school!
The school is filled with many great students and faculty. The main issue we have is the academics. Some teachers won't even teach us but once in a blue moon. Nothing to make me college ready for; however, the classes where assignments and tests are a priority, we work our hardest.
I have went to Zavalla Elementary, Zavalla Junior High, and Zavalla High School; these three schools are all the same. Although i have never went to another school I believe they would be different compared to Zavalla. Its a descent school but everyone knows everyone and the teachers generally have atleast one or more children who attend Zavalla and they usally recieve special treatment. Also if you particapate in sports you are more than likely to have an higher GPA then anyone else in the school. This is considered unfair treatment but considering Zavalla is run by the generations of my grades parents and there kin, this leaves you just ready to graduate and prepare for your future to prove that they are no better than us.