Zanesville High School is a public school located in Zanesville, OH. It has 801 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Zanesville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-69 Students
- A+61 Students
- C+41 Students
- C+37 Students
- A36 Students
- B33 Students
- B-22 Students
- B21 Students
- A-21 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Zanesville High School
- BTri-Valley High School
- Tri-Valley Local School District, OH
- 51 reviews
- B-Maysville High School
- Maysville Local School District, OH
- 54 reviews
- B-Philo High School
- Franklin Local School District, OH
- 60 reviews
- C+Crooksville High School
- Crooksville Exempted Village School District, OH
- 11 reviews
Zanesville High School Reviews
Zanesville High School is a good school. I have been a student here for almost 4 years and most of the bad days I have had, have not a thing to do with the school itself. The staff and student body is full of good people. I like ZHS because of the help the staff is willing to give. There has never been a moment where I have asked a teacher for help, and they have said ¨No.¨ The guidance office is also extremely helpful. Any questions that I have had about college or anything like that, they've answered to the best of their ability. The staff actually cares about us. That is very important. In ZHS I would like to see a few things improve. The amount of trash talk we ZHS students get, is unbelievable. I want to change the societal outlook on our school. I wake up and come to this school every single day, for 6 hours, and I can assure you it is not as ¨trash¨ as everyone says and or thinks. Overall, ZHS is a good school. I have had a great 3 and a half, almost 4 years here.
I love how involved Zanesville High School is, with each other and with their students. We have many different options when it comes to extra curricular activities including clubs, sports, classes, and activities. This school is in no way discriminative, and makes sure its students receive the best education and care. I am beyond proud to be part of such an environment.
Zanesville High School is a very divers fun loving school. They believe in "No Child Left Behind"; they will work day and night to make sure every child is safe and doing great in school. For children that need the extra help, the staff will provide different options for that child and help find out which one works best! The staff is the best part of the whole school! The campus is to die for.