Zachary High School is a highly rated, public school located in Zachary, LA. It has 1,586 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Zachary High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-485 Students
- B268 Students
- B+246 Students
- C+226 Students
- B+184 Students
- A+132 Students
- B117 Students
- B+114 Students
- B114 Students
- B110 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 117 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Zachary High School
- B+Central High School
- Central Community Public Schools, LA
- 157 reviews
- A-Live Oak High School
- Livingston Parish Public Schools, LA
- 197 reviews
- C+McKinley Senior High School
- East Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools, LA
- 206 reviews
- AUniversity Laboratory School
- Public School
- Baton Rouge, LA
- 80 reviews
Zachary High School Reviews
Zachary High School has been the number one school in the state for many years. Zachary High prepare each and every student for the next step in life, continuing education, ROTC if interested in a branch of the military, carpentry, or even welding, what ever path you take in life, you will be prepared. I am a senior and is very active and engaged around school! Proud to be student at ZHS!
Zachary High is a great school. It is apart of the Zachary Community School District which has been Louisiana's number one public school district for thirteen years. The administration and faculty work hard to ensure that their students have all the resources needed to be prepared for college or the work force. For more advanced students, Zachary offers higher level courses such as Dual Enrollment and AP. The sports and arts programs continue to excel, and the various clubs support the community throughout the year. The people of Zachary take pride in the school, and it shows throughout campus and at public events. I am a senior at Zachary. I moved here my Junior year. I was very nervous because I didn't know what to expect. However, I have been welcomed with open arms in all of my sports and clubs, and my teachers work with me to ensure that my gaps in education from my previous school are filled and that I am able to learn the information. I am grateful to be a Bronco.
Zachary high used to be just a school I go to, but this year I’ve noticed it’s been more than that. They’ve given us, the students, countless opportunities to become successful & prepare for reality after high school. For instance, I am taking classes at the community college during my senior year right now & Zachary High is paying for it all, including the book fees, & I am not the only student taking advantage of this amazing opportunity to be ahead. All the faculty & administrators will do as much as they possibly can to help you with your academic & overall needs beyond what their job description includes. Zachary High invests in providing as many programs, duel enrollment classes, after school help, & sports. I believe I’m extremely lucky to attend Zachary High and have amazing teachers to prepare me. Being the first go to college & graduate in my family can be frightening for me, and I probably would not be ready to go to college if I didn’t attend Zachary High.