Zachary High School is a highly rated, public school located in Zachary, LA. It has 1,556 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Zachary High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-404 Students
- B205 Students
- B+197 Students
- C172 Students
- B+140 Students
- A+115 Students
- B95 Students
- B+89 Students
- B+85 Students
- B+79 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 107 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Schools like Zachary High School
- B+Central High School
- Central Community Public Schools, LA
- 139 reviews
- A-Live Oak High School
- Livingston Parish Public Schools, LA
- 181 reviews
- B-McKinley Senior High School
- East Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools, LA
- 194 reviews
- AUniversity Laboratory School
- Public School
- Baton Rouge, LA
- 76 reviews
Zachary High School Reviews
Zachary High School prepares your child for college. Everyone functions as a community. The sports are top tier in Louisiana. If you’re looking for a good school to send your child look no further! The administration staff is always researching ways to keep the students safe. The teachers are dedicated to their jobs and are determined to help your child succeed. As an alum of Zachary High I am proud to say it was the best for 4 years I’ve had so far!
I am a 2019 graduate from Zachary High School and my experience consisted of an amazingly involved student body with teachers that sponsored many clubs and on-campus events. Both of which contributed to an unforgettable high school experience. In a classroom setting, my teachers were more than willing to answer any sort of questions about the subject of the day or advice that would help us outside of school. The administrators not only cared about our success at Zachary High School, but also our success beyond high school.
The school has dedicated staff and good college preparation, also the school has out of school activities which can keep you engaged with education and also out of school activities. College prep is a main goal for this school in regards of academics and education. Teachers care for their students and make sure that they can understand the concept of what they are learning day to day. If a teacher believes that a what is being taught is difficult they will make sure there students understand what is going on in order for the students success in that subject.