Yutan High School is an above average, public school located in Yutan, NE. It has 204 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Yutan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+28 Students
- A26 Students
- C+8 Students
- B+8 Students
- B-6 Students
- A-6 Students
- C+5 Students
- B-5 Students
- B4 Students
- A4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Yutan High School
- B-Douglas County West High School
- Douglas County West Community Schools, NE
- 94 reviews
- B+Arlington High School
- Arlington Public Schools, NE
- 54 reviews
- BGretna High School
- Gretna Public Schools, NE
- 172 reviews
- B-Ashland-Greenwood High School
- Ashland-Greenwood Public Schools, NE
- 16 reviews
Yutan High School Reviews
For the most part it was very enjoyable. But, as time went along and I got older, into high school, the staff began getting lazy and not caring about their jobs. The administration also had a huge affect on my high school career. They didn’t do what was needed in order for their students to be happy and feel wanted in the classroom setting. But, growing up in a small town and going to Yutan since preschool, my overall rating would be excellent. There is no doubt in my mind I would want to attend a different school.
It's a typical small town school with the typical mix of judgement and drama. It's full of kids planning on growing up to be their parents while simultaneously choosing to fit every stereotype in place. The academics aren't bad, but the choice of teachers is sometimes questionable. The sports aren't the worst, but the school pride is gone the second the season isn't going well. Yutan is everything you'd expect it to be.
The administration are mostly focused on making the school look good, but not helping the students. Teachers are gone a lot. This school does have some good teachers, but not all of them.