Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-196 Students
- A-177 Students
- A173 Students
- B+158 Students
- B+57 Students
- A28 Students
- B-24 Students
- B21 Students
- A-21 Students
- A+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Yuma High School Reviews
Review Yuma High School
A very memorable and unique experience I've had at this school is our first assembly, I was new to Stuco so I wanted everything to be perfect. We had many technical issues but my club members did great at improvising, the students loved it! Us cheerleaders walked in carrying our M.C. And everybody cheered at the top of their lungs! It was a complete success. All the football games and pep rally's were a blast. I'm glad I've made so many friendships that I will cherish my whole life. This is also why I wouldn't pick any other school: even though the dress code was overly strict, this school is part of me.
My school is full of good people and teachers that do want to help their students. The Councilors are trying their hardest to help kids get into college and help them with their classes and encouraging them the apply for scholarships. All of the staff wants their kids to succeed. There is a little problem with some of the teachers though. Some of the teachers don't do their job very well and not all of these kids are getting a proper education. Some of the teachers just don't care at all and student won't care either. I think we should have a better academic system, teachers and more classes for this crowded school. In most of the classes here, there are 30 to 50 students per class. We need more and better teachers.
I love Yuma High School because of the teachers. I will admit that some of the teachers are not cool or what I would like to say "a good teacher" ,but every school in the world has some of those teachers around. I like most of teachers at Yuma High because you can talk to them as a friend. If someone in the class cracks a joke in the middle of a lesson, the teacher can turn it around, make a other funny joke, throw it right back at them, and some how incorporate it into the lesson. You can also talk to the teachers on a personal level if you are close. One thing I would like to see is open lunch, where we could go out and eat off campus during lunch.