Yorkville High School is an above average, public school located in Yorkville, IL. It has 1,781 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Yorkville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-152 Students
- B-142 Students
- B+135 Students
- A+124 Students
- C+107 Students
- A-97 Students
- B+86 Students
- A84 Students
- A+72 Students
- A-71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Yorkville High School
- APlainfield North High School
- Plainfield School District No. 202, IL
- 402 reviews
- B+Kaneland Senior High School
- Kaneland Community Unit School District No. 302, IL
- 255 reviews
- CEast High School
- Aurora East Unified School District No. 131, IL
- 195 reviews
- BSomonauk High School
- Somonauk Community Unit School District No. 432, IL
- 60 reviews
Yorkville High School Reviews
When I came to Yorkville High School after being homeschooled for 7 years, I was supported every step of the way. My counselor was very flexible in figuring out my transcript, and the library was a welcoming and safe place for me. However, after I transferred across the street to the main-campus at YHS, the experience has gone down-hill. There are foreign language teachers who don't know the language they are teaching as well as the students and history teachers who loudly make degrading remarks toward the students. Even some of the special needs aids are disturbingly harsh with the children they work with. The cafeteria has no cell-service and a good amount of the food has been left out too long to be safely eaten, and the bathrooms often smell acrid with broken soap dispensers and dirty floors. Although Yorkville High School has an excellent art program, off-campus classes, and warm office ladies to greet you in the morning, unfortunately, it will not be missed.
Yorkville is a great high school. The staff here are helpful and I developed great relationships with many of them. I feel like yorkville has a variety of classes to take, and many of them prepare me for college. The only thing I don’t like is the new grading policy implemented this year. As a senior, this grading policy is very different from what I have grown up with and I don’t think this chang is for the better. Our sports are decent however, our cross country teams are what we are known for. Yorkville has a variety of clubs available so it is easy to be involved in the school and community. Overall, I have had a great high school career here!
Overall my time at Yorkville High School was amazing. The atmosphere at this school really shaped who I am today. My teachers and my coaches taught me what is meant to work hard, and how to succeed. I was a straight A student throughout my high school career, and take pride in my volunteer/ club activities, and my athletics. The only thing I would change about Yorkville High School is the grading policy. Our grading system does not prepare students for college. The only thing that counts against our grade is tests, we have no final exams, and students may retake a test if they so choose. In college, there will be final exams, students are not given a retake on tests, and homework and projects will count toward our grade. All in all my time at Yorkville is something I will always remember for the better.