Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Yorktown High School is a highly rated, public school located in Yorktown, IN. It has 804 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Yorktown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B240 Students
- A127 Students
- A+81 Students
- C+50 Students
- A-42 Students
- B32 Students
- A-24 Students
- B+21 Students
- NG19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responses
- School Plays23%
- Homecoming parade19%
- Sporting events16%
- Pep rallies6%
- Spirit Week6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Yorktown High School
- A-Burris Laboratory School
- Public School
- Muncie, IN
- 65 reviews
- B+Wapahani High School
- Liberty-Perry Community School Corporation, IN
- 78 reviews
- BDelta High School
- Delaware Community School Corporation, IN
- 86 reviews
- B+Shenandoah High School
- Shenandoah School Corporation, IN
- 38 reviews
Yorktown High School Reviews
Yorktown High School offers a wide range of rigorous courses that suite the interests of many students. Academics at Yorktown help prepare students for college. The teachers really care about the success of their students. They also offer many extracurricular activities; there really is something for everybody! Students at Yorktown can get experience in the career field that interests them through the career oriented clubs at Yorktown like DECA, FCCLA, and HOSA. There are also many opportunities for upperclassmen that help prepare them for the real world. Some of these opportunities include cadet teaching, internships, and the ICE program for students with jobs.
I am currently a student at Yorktown High School. I consider me and my fellow students very lucky to attend such an excellent school. The staff and my peers push me to be greater academically and socially. I felt like I could ask my teachers to help me with any problems I had, and that they actually cared about my future. My high school has legendary pep rallies every year to try and boost school spirit. I know that when I graduate from YHS, I will be ready for college, and whatever challenges come my way!
Yorktown has been a great experience! I have gone to Yorktown since I was in Kindergarten, and I have loved both the teachers and my fellow students. I would, like to see some better, fresher food, if anything. Other than that, awesome, academics, people, and overall community.