Yorktown High School is a highly rated, public school located in Yorktown, IN. It has 801 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Yorktown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+201 Students
- A97 Students
- A+62 Students
- B-43 Students
- A-32 Students
- B20 Students
- B+18 Students
- A-18 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Yorktown High School
- ABurris Laboratory School
- Public School
- Muncie, IN
- 58 reviews
- B+Wapahani High School
- Liberty-Perry Community School Corporation, IN
- 74 reviews
- B+Delta High School
- Delaware Community School Corporation, IN
- 79 reviews
- BShenandoah High School
- Shenandoah School Corporation, IN
- 34 reviews
Yorktown High School Reviews
Yorktown High School offers a wide range of rigorous courses that suite the interests of many students. Academics at Yorktown help prepare students for college. The teachers really care about the success of their students. They also offer many extracurricular activities; there really is something for everybody! Students at Yorktown can get experience in the career field that interests them through the career oriented clubs at Yorktown like DECA, FCCLA, and HOSA. There are also many opportunities for upperclassmen that help prepare them for the real world. Some of these opportunities include cadet teaching, internships, and the ICE program for students with jobs.
Yorktown High School is a very challenging place. They definitely prepare you for college here. Sports are a big thing at this school, but the main thing is the academics. Definitely enroll here if you want good college preparation, but expect the classes to be tough. Often I feel they overload us with class and homework. This most certainly is a difficult school to do well in, so only come if you are gifted academically. The administration I feel is uptight and has no idea how kids really work or think, but that's not a big part of this school. It's just a bit annoying hah.
My experience at Yorktown High School has been very positive. The school is an average size for a small town but holds a close-knit feel. Most of the teachers are well educated and truly do their best to help their students. The academics are at times challenging but not overbearing. There are great resources throughout the school and community to help prepare students for their future, such as a wide variety of extracurricular activities. Unfortunately, there is an apparent lack of diversity in the student body and staff. Nonetheless, Yorktown High School makes for an average but still rewarding high school experience.